Please help with my downloading of window 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by caroman, Feb 15, 2011.

1. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    My computer, compaq Presario CQ40, i downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate iso and Windows 7 Loader from here a guy name killerstefan1 in youtube (i cant post links) and a Remove WAT thing. I downloaded it, put it on a virtual drive, run setup and stuff. Restarted my whole computer. Checked my Windows 7 is still not activated yet, so i use the Windows 7 Loader and that the program make a product key(im not sure), it told me to reboot my computer.
    WORST PART. WHEN I ON MY COMPUTER, IT SHOW ME a underscore blinking at the top left hand corner

I have the same situation as this person named saulob in mydigitallife. Im not sure how he solve it, because i dont understand what are they talking about.

Can you IT experts do a step by step thing to help me? A video would be even better. PLEASE HELP ME OR MY PARENTS WILL SCOLD :( :worthy:

2. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    so...Ok, means my mistake is that i use Remove WAT. Im currently looking for my installation disk now, but i rememberd that when i buy that computer, they didnt giv me any disk. Now im digging my store room for my laptop bag, wish i could find. THANKS BTW

i feel kinda and offended when you say RTFM. but...nvm

3. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    I asked my father if we had the installation disk or not. He said that he did not see any disk, and also he said maybe it is saved in the computer's hard drive instead of them giving a disc. Im not sure if it is true, does anyone know about this?

4. Visor1

Visor1 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2010
    Your laptop may have a recovery partiton. If so, you can access it by pressing F11 while the computer is starting up. The recovery will result in loss of all data and programs. It'll be just like it was when it came out of the box from the factory.

5. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    so how did you install Windows 7 without an installation disc? :rolleyes:

6. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    hi i believe you can recover your computer to factory condition without recovery disks using the recovery partition. you should be able to tap F11 as you are booting your computer which will take you to the recovery partition. once you get there you'll have a list of options select factory recovery press next and then just follow the onscreen instructions

Recovering from the dedicated recovery partition (select models only)
    NOTE: If your computer includes a solid-state drive (SSD), you may not have a recovery partition. You
    will not be able to recover using this procedure. Recovery discs have been included for computers that
    do not have a partition. Use these discs to recover your operating system and software.
    On some models, you can perform a recovery from the partition on the hard drive from either the Start
    button or f11.
    To restore the system from the partition, follow these steps:
    1. Access Recovery Manager in either of the following ways:
    ● Select Start > All Programs > Recovery Manager > Recovery Manager.
    –or–
    ● Restart the computer and press f11 while the “Press <F11> for recovery” message is displayed
    on the screen. Then select Recovery Manager.
    Recovery Manager opens.
    2. Click Advanced Options.
    Recovering

7. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    #8 caroman, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    (OP)
    Wow, thanks for so many replys, anyway, i did try the system recovery but same thing : blinking underscore at top left hand corner i think i bricked my com

8. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    yeah i tried the disc thing, still...when i choose "boot internal CD" GOD DAM BLINKING UNDERSCORE CRAP. The recovery thing, when i press ENTER, u guessed it, AGAIN THE UNDERSCORE, it didnt even run the software. Its proberly my OS has something wrong or bricked my PC...

*Sigh* time to get nagged by parents

9. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    i cant even startup he computer....so i cant even run bootrec.exe. I wonder what will happen if i explain this to the repair person. Maybe he will say something like "You downloaded a Pirated Windows 7 boy." Or maybe i will go to the police as i had done piracy.. ANY IT EXPERT PLZ HELP MEEEE

10. subpsyke

subpsyke MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
  11. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    Can i have another link? The password and username are wrong and its rerally troublesome to download from there

12. caroman

caroman MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    But i cant boot my internal disc as when i press boot internal CD. It becomes that underscore thing again