Please help with question - how to keep window 7 ultimate activated ??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ms.Mack, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ms.Mack

Ms.Mack MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2010
    :confused: Thank you for your time ... I installed windows 7 ultimate and used HAL7600.exe on January 4. My computer has been working great - Sony Vaio VGN FS940 32 bit x86. This morning when i turned on my computer - a message popped up that says - Windows Activation A change occurred to your Windows license file. You must re-type your Windows product key to activate online. There is a place for me to type my product key - then a Next button. I have never submitted my windows activation key. my system information -

Windows is activated
    Product ID: ----------------- Change product key

then on the right side of the page it says

ask for genuine
    microsoft software

learn more online ...

After installing HAL I have stayed away from this section completely since I don't really know what I am doing and I don't want to mess it up. Any instructions on how to maintain my activated status would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. desperate but not serious, tina:confused:

2. Ms.Mack

Ms.Mack MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2010
    ok. well... now there is a new development. I downloaded the newest release of HAL and planned to install it today as you suggested. ..... so i turn on my computer this morning and there is no message from microsoft, which is so unlike them because anytime they want something from me they are relentless!! i have the philisophy - if its not broke, don't fix it! so my question is, should i install HAL 1.2 now ? or should i wait until microsoft starts their relentless nagging ? i am afraid i might screw it up - on the other hand i want to be proactive. open the porthole HAL - i am ready to take action (or not). once again, thank you for your time it much appreciated. tina

3. fishoil

fishoil MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Have you tried Daz Loader? just curious.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Creature

Creature MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2010
    #5 Creature, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
    The same thing has happened to me. I typed in the product key that I had originally used and pressed the next button. Windows checked my key and told me that it was valid! I hope this prompt does't come up again.

You wouldn't think that one of the OEM keys pass an online check. Obviously HAL has this part sorted :)

My background did remain black though! Had to manually set it again. Ba**ards!