Please... How to upgrade a Windows Vista Home Premium laptop!?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jjosefo, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jjosefo

jjosefo MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Hi to all and thanks for your replies.

A year ago I bought a Toshiba Qosmio laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed, now I'd like to upgrade to W7 but I'm confused as there are lots of versions around now and I'm not sure which one is suitable for me.

Also, I guess I'll have to use an activator... can you tell me which one to use please?

Many thanks again for your help :)

2. Dimsum

Dimsum MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    download Windows 7 Ultimate OEM then use Orbit/HAZAR loader - simple!

3. jjosefo

jjosefo MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Many thanks Dimsum :)

So, with the Orbit/Hazar loader I won't have an expiration date right? and what are the probabilities of M$ tracking down and disabling this method?

Thank you again...

4. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007
    Download Retail or OEM Ultimate.If you want to upgrade,exctract ISO in one folder and run "setup.exe" in compability mode for Windows Vista SP2.
    Any loader working well.

5. Dimsum

Dimsum MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    There's no expiration date. Whether Microsoft will track and disable this - who knows, thats the risk you take. If that happens then I am sure there will be some other method - this is always a cat and mouse game.

6. jjosefo

jjosefo MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Thanks for your help Stasio! more ways to upgrade and advices on how to do it right, are very welcome ;)

7. jjosefo

jjosefo MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    #7 jjosefo, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    (OP)
    OK! :D

p.s. I was willing to pay the $50.00 for the upgrade (W7 Home Premium) but nobody told me it was a presale and that it had an expiration date :mad: ... if M$ decides to sell it for $50 or less again, I'd buy it :rolleyes: ... if not, then I will upgrade to W7 Ultimate using the above methods hehe.