Please share NTLite preset for Windows 10 16299.15

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by quakze, Oct 13, 2017.

1. quakze

quakze MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2011
    As I usually trim Windows 10 using NTLite before clean install, If anyone is doing the same please kindly share some presets so others unacknowledged person like me may also benefit. As its very complicated to know what package is what and the usability asap.

I prefer NTLite than MSMG Toolkit because it gives freedom to trim according to our usage.

So Please MLD masters share your experience !

2. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    :thinking: Why doesn't any of the NTLite users find the NTLite forum?

4. quakze

quakze MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2011
    But there are not much presets available at NTLite forum !

5. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    NTLite is a great tool for making Windows images that have a 30-60 day viability rate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. quakze

quakze MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2011
    why, then what better you suggesting !

7. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Any updated iso created with Any tool is out of date come the next patch tuesday.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Yeah, so just update your NTLited image. You can update NTLite image offline and online, usually with 0 problems, as it no longer break DISM Component Store or File Integrity. However, I strongly advice against using it after/before other tools, like MSMG Toolkit. Stick to just one tool.

9. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    For what you want to do there is no better way to make a custom Windows installation unless you start to learn how to do it on your own little-by-little, and then you also quickly find out what the right way to do things is and the wrong way.

NTLite is a nice program and does everything it says it will but hacking an image into oblivion is not the proper way to make a custom installation that will have any longevity to it. It may look wonderful when you install it, but as time goes on, your issues will arise, particularly the higher into the Windows 10 versions you get. Especially with more and more update file XMLs having their permanency attribute set to "permanent."

10. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    There is no right way or wrong way, it depends on a users needs and if it works for them, good.

11. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    It's ironic how you made such an asinine remark like that, but in the form of a non-sequitur, which in itself is the epitome of the wrong way to do something. :rolleyes:

12. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    What is the better type of aero piston engine, inline or radial? what is the best way to tune a car engine, cylinder head work, turbocharge or nitrous oxide? Each one serves a purpose depending on the designer(in place of a user) needs.

13. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Your shovel is going to break digging that hole.

1) Forced induction (i.e. a turbocharger/supercharger/etc.) are not tuning hardware. You tune FOR them you do not tune WITH them. All forced induction causes the engine to require a significant amount more fuel that increases as the pressure inside the engine increases, and that's where tuning comes in. Tuning hardware would be fuel management, injector pulse rates and width, transmission pressure increase, shift times, engine timing, camshaft retardation or advancement, etc.

Drag racing and motorcycle racing have been hobbies of mine for about 15 years now.

2) Also, absolutely nothing you blabbered on about (and incorrectly, too) correlated at all with the comparison of creating a Windows image. You cannot use the macro with the micro to try to show a comparison. You're using significant hardware that can cause severe injury or death and comparing it to something that has no affect on health or quality of life. I mean you started with pistons for aircraft, and like all pistons, it's how they're designed that determines their use.

3) And you realize inline pistons are used in an inline motor...those aircraft running straight pistons motors are using the same piston layout and motor design as say a straight-6.

If you had a clue what you were talking about, you'd know there is no "better." Inline is for friggin' inline. The design of pistons for a radial motor are not at all similar to a piston for a straight inline motor.

For someone who claims there is no wrong way or right way, you sure are wrong on a lot of things. But then again, those who relish in doing things improperly usually bask in ignorance, too.

14. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
  15. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #17 LiteOS, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    The packages number in rs2 and 3 is declining
    Camper to rs1

Thats a sign of more un modular os
    And Making metro and more unneed features depended part of the os , easily breakable os when removing

However ms i think see this method make the os problematic more to stabilize so they gonna make it more mooular next time

The problem with the updates can try be solved with breaking the big package to small one and install one by one
    Update that fail mean the package removed from the os

16. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    That's assuming you edit the image with good old DISM,

In your opinion, what is the correct way editing Win10 OS images? Let's say you have a friend with very little space on his SSD/HDD and truly cannot spare any more. He only has about half of what is required for Win10 to install. How would you install it? Or would you just tell him/her to upgrade? I would make him/her NTLited image for sure!

17. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    I would obviously tell them to go whichever route was the most feasible for them, and clearly you'd use what you were able to and comfortable with. In the end it's just a client operating system that can be easily reinstalled and important files/directories restored by a good backup program.

Still would not cut up an OS to hell, though. I'd rather run a PE build at all times than many of those broken installations I've seen curtosy of scripts that just delete everything on the OS except for ImmsersiveControlPanel.