pls help me choose tablet

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by potjevleesch, Jan 28, 2012.

1. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    I already have a PC, intend to buy a tablet to take along on holydays and leisure off home: read/write mails, some surf, forum moderating, watch movies in train/airplane, no games, some skype. What would you recommend ? budget max 450 €.
    thx

2. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    iPad or any Windows tablet is suitable for you.

3. billgates-suck

billgates-suck MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    What about android tablet? I heard it performed well with lots of apps support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Personally I hate Androids.
    But this is just my own opinion.

5. Vanessa444

Vanessa444 MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    [FONT=&amp]I like Ipad 2. It is perfect for long trips using it as the only computer. Moreover, It's an easy book reader and good for checking email. [/FONT]

6. mikearnill

mikearnill MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    I suggest you to purchase Samsung galaxy tab 2 which is configure with android which is one of the best tablet PC. It provide better user customization and compatibility which make it most convenient tablet.

7. xpvista7ubuntu

xpvista7ubuntu MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2012
    @potjevleesch,

listen to mikearnill & only to mikearnill!!!

1. you got money to throw???

2. you wanna buy a gadget & then feel like you are handcuffed when you are using it???

3. you wanna pay for every necessary software???

if the answer to the above is no...buy the samsung galaxy tab!!!

android is the most tweakable mobile operating system!!!

google play aka the android market is the best online software store!!!

google maps which comes built in with every android gadget is the best map service!!!

1 last thing the ipad can get unbearably hot over prolonged wi-fi usage!!!

i speak from personal experience/usage & not from what i have heard or read!!!:smoking:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I agree on Android, too.

9. gilgamesh0090

gilgamesh0090 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2012
    if you're looking for a cheap tab you might as well look at onda v711. spec wise it ain't that bad but i don't know much of it's build quality.

10. xpvista7ubuntu

Jul 14, 2012
    drawbacks of the onda tablet :

1. manufacturer's website in chinese language only...you can forget about software updates!!!

2. horrible wi-fi range...step out of the room where your wi-fi router is & you are disconnected!!!

3. more than half of the pre-installed software is in chinese...useless for english language users!!!

4. charging & data cable port is mini usb & not micro usb...mini usb has almost phased out !!!

11. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Just buy a second hand ipad1, might cost around 200 quid, best deal on any tablet at mo.(i mean second hand one obviously as they do not sell ipad1 any more)

Nothing really stands out but the ipad1 still is the best really and in terms of value for money.

12. xpvista7ubuntu

Jul 14, 2012
    @msr,

he has 450 euros to spare for a tablet:worthy:

you think he will buy a 2nd hand i(f)ad:aglerks:

13. yasirshafiq

yasirshafiq MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is best. I sold my laptop and buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Its amazing and after updating on Ice Cream Sandwich its battery Timing increased upto 10 hours on continuous Wifi use.

14. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    If i were buying a tablet right now i would be looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - 10.1, running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. Fantastic piece of kit. Or the Asus / Google Nexus 7 running Jellybean 4.1.1, also a fantastic bit of kit but no front facing camera.

15. beijingshots

beijingshots MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    #15 beijingshots, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    so much to choose from

although only 3 major tablets dominate the market, there are literally dozens of them floating around. i have introduced this on my website. i cant post photos here because i am a new member, but would like to show everyone what i am talking about. personally, i would not waste my money on this name brand stuff, although i am sure many shills will disagree with me. heck, theyre shlls, it's their job to disagree with me. they want you to spend all your money to make their bosses rich, but i am telling you what i would tell my friends. save your money. i've never been a fan of name brand stuff. whatever i buy, it is usually generic, or whatever gives me the best bargain. my zte u202 cell phone only costs about $25, and i have 0 problems with it. i used to buy the latest name brand phone, but i am no longer down with buying the latest and best thing. yea it's nice to have a phone that can surf the web, have gps, and has a 10 megapixel camera, but i've learned to live without it, and use separate devices. i bought a generic careland gps for $40, and it gets the job done. before i discovered this, i was using $100 tomtoms. the world is in a recesion now, and not everyone has the money to buy a samsung. i bought a flytouch for about $100. although it is not as good as the ipad, it gets the things i want done such as surf the web, watch movies, play games. my flytouch has a usb, wifi, wired connection option, gps, and memory card slot.

if any mods want to cut me some slack for being new, i can post the photos here directly.

beijingshots.com/?p=36132​

16. chigbatt

chigbatt MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2012
    I would suggest iPad, I am using iPad 2 and loving it. I have used android tablet for several times, but the performance is disappointed. iPad is a better choice.

17. Sabotag3-

Sabotag3- MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2013
    I find iPad to be the best tablet out there...
    If you're into this windows 8 stuff so maybe a windows 8 tablet (with a win8 PC) will be better for you.

I wouldn't go for android.

18. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Would recommend against iPad, Apple products are a jail, buy Android, Tylenol, Advil anything but Apple

19. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #19 Muerto, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    The I suppose we could break it out of jail :D

Seriously iPads are good stuff, even though apple suck for restrictions.

20. bwfc0907

bwfc0907 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Sorry always the iPad