Pls help to kill virus...

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by danny29dec, Aug 8, 2007.

1. danny29dec

danny29dec MDL Novice

May 29, 2007
    Hello everyone!

My internet explore shows "Hack by John Sina" and it's pop up very often. When I plug my flash drive, it's damage my flash drive as well. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MyRedz

MyRedz MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2007
    well that u can chnage it by yourself...there's a hack for it>>>>

4. Pando

Pando MDL Novice

May 11, 2007
    Why not scan your PC by HiJackThis?

5. ralvy

ralvy MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2007
    I know this is late, but hope it helps. . .

After scanning with hijackthis, do the following;

Click on Start, point to run and open it, type in regedit.
    Navigate to HKCU_Software_Microsoft_Internet Explorer_Main - on the right pane, look for Window Title . . You can change the title to anything of ur choice.

That is if Registry editing has not been disabled.

6. ussr_1991

ussr_1991 MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2008
    The worst,but the simpiliest thing to do.

Go safe mode, backup your important files like musics,videos, works etc.
    Prepare ur XP CD (Or whatever OS u use, if u use Vista then a Vista DVD etc.), boot into it, and follow instructions stated. Be sure to choose the options for erasing the parition and reformat it.

Warning: This DELETES ALL your data, although it is possible to recover like Norton Utilities or so, but it is always recommended to backup important files or you may even recover the virus. Also, you will need to re-activiate your Windows Copy again and install all patches again. All settings will be lost.

This is the most desparate way to do if your registry is corrupted, disabled and ALL others solution cant work.

Do it ONLY in the last resort.

Note: Reparing your Windows will not remove the virus,cracks by other hackers that plants (installs) those unwanted software.So be sure to reformat it. It doesnt matter whether it is NTFS or FAT 32 but it is recommended to use NTFS only your partition has 32GB or above. Otherwise, it may be laggy.

You dont use atomic bomb during the dirst day of World War 3.
    -> So dont nuke your hard drive without trying all other solutions.