plz help me in recovering my lost drive

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by john1921, Sep 13, 2009.

1. john1921

john1921 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    hi friends,i have just now installed windows 7 rc on my computer,during installation i have accidentally clicked Load driver button(at the stage where it asks for partition,format,new,load driver,etc) and then my D drive button and came back and continued with my installation.After complete installation When i opened my computer there i have seen that my d drive is missing( I had 3 drives c,d and e before installation).That d drive is of 20 gb and it contains very important information,All my college projects and passwords and userids was in that drive and now it is lost.When i checked in disk management that drive is shown with actual used space and in its status it is showing as Healthy (System,active,primary partition) ,but i cannot see it or open it to take its backup,

Please friends please help in me in getting my d drive back.please,i really need it.

2. sureshabhi777

sureshabhi777 MDL Junior Member

Jul 18, 2009
    in disk management right click of drive D. then open. plz tell me its open or not.....

3. OleBent

OleBent MDL Member

Aug 22, 2007
    #3 OleBent, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    If shown in Disk Management but not in My computer/explorer windows the drive might be missing a drive letter.

Does it show a drive letter in disk management?

If not, right click and add one.

Edit: Noticed you mentioning it being marked as active...

Thats odd only 1 partition can be active per drive....

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #4 urie, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    @ john1921, looks like you have installed windows 7 on your D drive so you have lost all your stuff, sorry but there is no way you will get it back now. lesson to be learned Allways name your drives don't go by drive letters.

Edit forget what i have said i see you have posted a bout 4 times in different sections you haven't installed windows 7 onto your D drive i see you just need to assign drive letter.

5. Techtiger4

Techtiger4 MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2009
    Re: Help me in recovering my lost drive

My friend accidentally you have deleted the D: drive from your hard disk due to which you have lost all the data. But, do not worry because you can still recover your data.
    The first thing you should do do not install, save, or paste any data in your hard drive.
    Download Kernel for Windows recovery software.
    Install it and run on hard disk partitions. You will get the lost data back.

6. rahul123

rahul123 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    Hey, you can also give "Easus recovery software" a chance and the good thing is it's free and very efficient.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    LOLOLOLOL.
    Nice one..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What do you mean i was correct in what i said if he had installed windows 7 on that partition he had lost his stuff you can't recover. john1921 was posting all over the place giving different replies.