PLZ Tell Me Why Chrome Is So Slow Under RP????

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by slyfox30, Jul 17, 2012.

1. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    I'm running the DEV version of Google chrome and its like Twice as slow of IE10. So are the other previous versions. Does anybody have any idea why or how to fix it???
    Thanks for the help ppl :orb:

2. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    #3 slyfox30, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    (OP)
    You must have missed the part about" other previous versions". I've tried them all except Alpha build and all of them are slow as hell loading and surfing. Not to mention when playing vids on Utube it pauses. Didn't have this problem before RP. Cp was fine with Chrome. IE10 doesn't have a problem with RP.IE10 did have a lot of problems in CP. ;)

3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Then maybe it's something to do with the RP, and hopefully it'll be solved in the RTM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. im bored

im bored MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    LoL yes I did actually miss "other previous versions" portion. I wonder if it has anything to do with Google trying to make a Metro UI app. Last I heard they were working on something like that, its possible that they recently added some additional code in there and now its causing issues. I wounder if it would be the same case in Windows 7.

5. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Well that's what I'm wondering? If anybody else is having this problem with Chrome in RP? I hope it is fixed because I have chrome set up just the way I want a browser to be. And I despise IE because I couldn't get the speed and the preferences I do with Chrome. I've mentioned this before in another post. As far as my laptop it will run windows 8 because of the speed increase. On my custom computer I will always run win 7 on it. But if windows dumbs down the curving of the folders by making them different than RP"aero", like I'm reading here and if Chrome don't get fixed, then i'm going back to my win 7 image on the laptop too.Win 8 as some nice things about it but compared to win 7, its a intrusive-still buggy-,Hard to tweak O/S.So do you have a Chrome issue edor?Does it run way slower than IE?

6. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    No this don't effect win 7 on my other machine. .Chrome is 3 times faster than internet explorer 9.
    Also I know what you mean.I somehow had Chrome take over on the metro side"start menu" and It didn't have a problem opening web sites on metro side. Im using a non Hotmail account on the o/s.I did log in once to get the links working on the metro side then changed it back to local log-in.But chrome did run faster over there and IE 10 barely works in metro.When I went from the stable Build of chrome to DEv,it no longer works in metro.Which is fine with me because there is only a few sites I like and I can get to those from my desktop without metro. Is your chrome running fine Im Bored?

7. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    All I have checked is predictive settings anf phishing checked.default..You have a box around proxy settings.,what whould I do in there?sorry for not knowing much about proxys but as far as I knew it had to do with masking IP.I must be wrong

8. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    wow, Just by unchecking the one box and checking the two I didn't have checked has made it WAY faster. I just compared it to Ei and there is no comparison. Thanks so much JAYBLOK.:)

9. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    your welcome!!