POLL kb971033 update on pc with bios modded, did you installed it, did detected mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by userwords, Aug 30, 2010.

?

If have moded your bios, did kb971033 found your windows 7 was not legit

1. I will never let kb971033 install (think that it will be included in sp1)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. I installed it (mistake or not) it didnt find my mod (post more on wht you use)

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  3. I installed it (mistake or not)it found my mod AND I CANNOT FIX IT (post more on wht you use)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I installed it (mistake or not)it found my mod BUT I FIXED IT (post more on wht you used to fix)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. userwords

userwords MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    #1 userwords, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    Just a poll to know how many here let (because they wanted or by mistake) installation of authentication kb971033 update, and if you did, if it found your mod or not, and if it did, if you could fix it and how.

Just vote and post what you are using in case it passed, or how you fixed it in case you needed to fix it.

ONLY PEOPLE WITH MODDED BIOS NOT LOADERS (you could have used one to put key cert but no loader installed just bios mod and key cert)

2. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. userwords

userwords MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    nice to hear, as there ar users reporting problems and once that update ships with sp1 could be a huge mess. some have pointed those cases could be not blacklisting as microsoft is supposed to not blacklist a single slp key because would include legit users, but a faulty installation probable because they used a loader previously and forgot about it, or at much someone installing a cert on a hardware that it is impossible to be (like asus on msi motherboard or something like that).

what if it detects it someway, would it be possible to just change key cert for other.

4. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I dont know userwords, I haven't blacklisted till now (I hope not), since I use OEM methode to activated my windows, there's no problem at all, different when I use VL, even it's for corporate user who limit the use for 10 pc there's always a problem, there's always risk of VL key blocked (so if u had VL key don't share the key to such as warez or some kind of that).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hoju

Hoju MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    Good idea for a thread :)

I installed it with no problems. Using a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4, Gigabyte slic and certificate, HP key.