Portable Firefox - unable to disable private browsing

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by MonarchX, Jun 27, 2019.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I can disable private browsing in regular Firefox via Remember History security setting, but when I launch Firefox via Portable .exe, disabling private browsing results in browser not working, not loading anything.

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    try this in about:config ==> Set browser. privatebrowsing.autostart to false

3. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Mind the dragons :biggrin:

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Tell a bit more about what kind of portable Firefox you are talking about (ie where did you get it) and what function does not work, ie what you deny or allow or turn on or off, etc., how do you do it?
    PS. it is always worth remembering that portable features are usually missing some features, these are the ones that simply cannot be applied to a portable version. Usually all portables have less features if the normally installed versions have.
    So - clarify a bit more. Also mostly You know, that last Firefox versions have huge problems, very many things doesn't work there.
    Typically, many FF problems come from damaged files in the user profile folder. Mostly damaged .sqlite files are. And in a situation where even one such file is damaged, not many things work. For example, even CCleaner, Wise Care 365, etc. may block and freeze everything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I got it fixed by erasing the whole thing and re-downloading it! Thanks!