Portable USB Windows 10 Professional or Mac OSX Catalina Operating Systems

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by armadillotuff, Oct 31, 2020.

1. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    This is a question to see if this could be a useful tool to carry with you.

I have built a portable Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Office 2019, among other software packages I use on a daily basis, and a Mac OSX Catalina all off either a Desktop or Laptop USB Port..

I have a brand new NVME M.2 SSD 10Gbps air cooled 4”x2”x.5” enclosure with a 512GBSSD M.2 NVME strip Running Windows 10 Professional Release 2004 19041 572, and a Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.7 system on them.

With either the PC version or the Mac version, once you boot the device you can use it just like your regular device by updating, adding software or doing general work related projects. With this you can carry it anywhere with you where you have either access to a PC or a Mac.

If this is a something that would be worthwhile having, what would you think the cost of buying one of these ready made devices be worth with a 512GB M.2 NVME strip?

The cost of the air cooled device is around $75.00 and the 512GB M.2 NVME strip is around $100.00. With the installation of either Windows 10 Professional or Mac OSX Catalina, do you think a fair price for sale around $250 - $300.00?

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.