POSReady 2009 no longer able to download updates from fresh install?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by turbotum, Aug 25, 2021.

1. turbotum

turbotum MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2017
    Possibly I'm doing something wrong, but I noticed Windows Update no longer functions on a fresh install of POSReady 2009. Are there any updates/hacks I need to install manually to allow it to connect? I tried searching around with no luck. I don't imagine the update servers are completely offline at this point, right?

Apologies for a potentially dumb question.

2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    #2 George King, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    You can try this solution.

Or if you want, I can upload you whole updates collection which is used to build UpdatePacks in any language.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. diderius6

diderius6 MDL Junior Member

Mar 8, 2020
    @George King

Can you make an update package with all the posready updates for an german XP SP3 professional corporate install CD?
    I see those update package, but until now I am looking for an update package, that installs only all updates but nothing other
    Dietmar

4. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    I have only UpdatePack for nLite. I can upload you all installers, but I'm not going to make package for live installation as this still give us updates payload on installed system.
    If I understand correctly you don't want DirectX, .NETs and Flash installed / updated?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. diderius6

Mar 8, 2020
    @George King

Please show me this update packages for nlite

Dietmar

PS: For to have a rock solid system of XP SP3, only the absolut minimum of drivers, updates etc. should be used.

6. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
  7. diderius6

Mar 8, 2020
    @George King

Yes, I know this site. But my question is, how to install only the Posready updates after May 2014.
    There are about 135 of these Posready updates
    Dietmar

8. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    #8 George King, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  9. diderius6

Mar 8, 2020
    @George King

Thanks a lot, just in this moment I integrate the Posready Updates in my XP SP3 CD via nlite.
    My problem before was, that nlite accepted only *.exe files as service package.
    But now I see, that as update package nlite accepts also *.7z files.
    Waoh, what a great work
    Dietmar