Possible problems? solutions?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by pogi09pj, Apr 16, 2013.

1. pogi09pj

pogi09pj MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2013
    #1 pogi09pj, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    i really need everyones help about my laptop (msi cx420), any info would be great

It all started when i tried to boot my laptop (4 months ago i think), everything seems ok until the boot process became stock in the windows 7 logo.. after that it restarts and everytime I select start windows normally, the whole boot up to windows 7 logo and then restarts happens again.. (by the way i used a windows 7 64 bit activated by an activator, not sure which activator, but that activator serves me for quite some time.. 1.5-2 years i think before this incident happened)

I tried starting in safe mode, but after loading all the native drivers.. it will only show a black screen..
    I tried start up repair, does not solve the problem
    I tried Sytem resotre, but all my restore points magically vanished T_T

so i tried to reformat the laptop using the windows 7 installer that I used before, after the "windows is loading files", the blue screen with the message "set up is starting" came.. but the thing that i notice is that it took about 45-60 minutes for the "set up is starting" part to end (which is very long compared to normal).. after that i click the agree with the terms etc.. and then the selection of where the OS would be installed came, but once again i noticed that it took another 45-60 minutes before i can select the partition where i want to install the OS and on top of that all the partitions show that they are clean/no files saved (for example 300 of 300 gb free space).. after that the whole installation time becomes normal..

after finishing the installation of the windows 7 OS.. i use the activator that i have, and installed all the drivers of my laptop..

I could use the laptop for about 1-1.5 months (sometimes less than) with no problems encountered.. until it will not boot up again (stock in win 7 logo and then restarts), so once again I do a reinstall of the OS (which took a very long time, just like the one I described earlier)

I think I experienced/performed this events for 5-6 times already, so could anyone help me find the possible problem and solutions if there are any

could it be the windows 7 (activated by an activator)?? or the HDD?? or other??

:worthy:

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    To me this sounds like a HDD problem.
    I would sugest trying a different drive and see if that helps.

3. pogi09pj

pogi09pj MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2013
    thank you for your quick replies.. ill download the check tool now and see if my HDD really is failing T_T

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    After checking disk for problems, and it is ok. Perhaps your activator is an issue. You haven't stated what it is you are using, so unsure.

5. pogi09pj

pogi09pj MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2013
    #6 pogi09pj, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    (OP)
    here are the results of the seagate tool test.. what does these results suggest??

1. doing a short test, it says that it fails
    2. doing a long test, it hangs (tried 2 times with the long test, same result)

does this mean i need to buy a new laptop HDD T_T

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  7. pogi09pj

pogi09pj MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2013
    time to look for a new HDD T_T

by the way, the windows loader that I am using is "Windows Loader v1.9.3 - By Daz" is this still OK? or there is something better available now??

8. pogi09pj

pogi09pj MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2013
    Thank you sir!

Thank you everyone for all the help!!!