Possible To Make Bloat Free CD From Recovery CDs?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DasFox, Feb 21, 2010.

1. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I have acer reovery cds for my laptop but I never use them, instead I have been using a copy of Windows 7 to get a clean bloatfree install, the only problem I always have to call over the phone to activate the copy and personally since I bought this thing I'd rather use the version on the recovery cds, one big problem to much damm bloat.

Is there a way, or someone has created an app to streamline hack recovery cds to just extract Windows and the drivers?

THANKS

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Install 7, use daz's loader in advanced mode and insert just the key and cert for acer. You won't be using the boot loader portion since you have a valid slic 2.1 in your bios.

Or you can create a 7 iso with the acer cert and key inserted (using jinje's dism tool)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Well the thing is I don't need to use the loader, Hazar pointed out that coa versions have to call in over the phone to activate.

So really at this point in time all I'd like is to make sure I can find a genuine copy of Win 7 Home Premium to use so I can use my coa key I already have, so I don't have to use those damm recovery cds.

I have a copy I found on the newsgroups posted by Wallymc, anyone know if those are genuine untouched versions?

4. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Download the one in the Windows 7 Repository sticky thread here.

5. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
  6. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
  7. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Oh you have to mod the bios for this? If so that's ok, I'll just call in over the phone to activate it, I have a legit key and all I wanted to make sure was that I could find a legit copy of Win 7...

THANKS

P.S. I'm downloading the Professional x64 iso off of digitalriver. By the way should I be worried and check the md5 on this?

8. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    No No DasFox, since you have a new computer I suppose it already has SLIC 2.1 in it, so you can OEM activate using the methods described in this forum. Mods are needed only when the bios doesnt have SLIC 2.1 as in older machines. And ya, the digital river iso is fine, dont worry.

9. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Ok, well if I have a legit iso and a legit coa key, then why would I really want to bother putting in the cert?

Also, I understand a bit about Certs, I think, are these real certs from the manufactures, what's the deal with these?

THANKS

10. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    You don't really have to, you can activate with your key if that is what you prefer to do. Or you can install the OEM key and install the cert and be activated already. You can also install Ultimate or another version that the key won't activate.

11. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Are these actual certificates from the vendors or something hacked to emulate them?

Would someone please explain a bit about these certs or point to somewhere in the forum that does?

THANKS

P.S. If I used the Acer cert I wouldn't be able to use my acer oem key?

12. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #13 Mr Jinje, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  13. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    OEM vendors like acer, dell, hp etc. sell large nos. of computers with preinsalled, preactivated OS. The OEM activation scheme (i.e. SLIC + cert+key) lets these big guys save themselves the headache of activating individual machines. All these certs have been extracted from such computers, they are from the vendors, nothing hacked or emulated about them.
    If you use the acer cert, you'll need to use the acer OEM key (available) on this forum. That key is common to all acer computers that came with win7 preactivated. You wont be able to use your COA (sticker) key. And you will be validated genuine.

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  15. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I don't get this, if that's Acer's actual cert then why can't I use my oem key, why won't it match? To me that doesn't make sense...

Thanks guys for the info and replies...

16. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks, I'll just use my key and activate it over the phone...

17. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #19 kukubau, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  18. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Ahhh I didn't realize they'd use a different key for the install.

When I see the 'PKey' section I can just write that key down and use that, or if I just click 'Backup' that will backup my key and cert?

THANKS