Possible to use VAMT and MAK Proxy to deactivate/activate windows 8.1 licenses weekly

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by ravl13, Sep 24, 2014.

1. ravl13

ravl13 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience (and if its even possible) to use the Volume Activation Management Tool and an activation mechanism (MAK Proxy for example) to activate and deactivate 10 different computers in various locations across the country every week with 10 total Windows 8.1 Enterprise licenses. So let's say I want to activate 10 machines in Boston the first week of December for lab work for a training session, and then I want to deactivate those 10 machines and activate a whole new 10 machines in San Diego for a training session the next week. Is there a feasible way to do this? All the Windows articles on activation never discuss deactivation at all, so I don't know how that would work.

These computers aren't connected to a network, and we don't need 25 licenses, so KMS isn't really an option.

Thanks for your time,
    -Rob V.

2. d3v1L

d3v1L MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2010
    If you want just 10 days, why you need full windows? there is a 90 day trial you can download

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Why activate them at all? You only lose Metro side personalisation with 8.1 unactivated

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    yup, and what a waste of MAK. They are fully functional unactivated aside from pretty pictures.

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    There is no deactivation as far as MAK. Just use KMS and be done with it I says.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...