Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by re*s.t.a.r.s.*2, Jan 13, 2008.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Tokens.dat is the culprit
Disregard this, dont try the Tokens.dat trick, it disable the aero desktop..... i just found out...
and now what? how can we reenable aero?
We cant check the link for the Pic where i show the error log, about not being genuine, until i replaced the tokens.dat original from SP1 it worked again... i tried to force aero no joy.
i did the exact same thing (restore tokens.dat) from untouched SP1 installation and had the same result. no aero. so i used system restore and restored me system at the moment before the sp1 installation. it's ok now but windows are not activated. i have to find a different trick.
What about this:
General reactivation method:
1) Open Internet Browser
2) Type %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.
3) Find the file CMD.exe
4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing (there is no free space at 'Roaming', it's a bug, cannot edit lol!)
7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
9) Type net start slsvc
10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
11) Reboot Twice
If you are not in RFM mode you may run cmd as admin directly.