Post activation of Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stevo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. stevo

stevo MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2012
    I think that most people will agree and I have read on this forum that people in general are having a little bit more trouble activating 64 bit.

I live in Thailand and the first thing I tried was a pre activated disk. It was flagged up as a counterfeit copy before you got to the first log on screen.

Bye trial and error did it by following the instructions on the loader and entering the DOs commands and changing entering FDISK and reformatting to MBR.(

Everything was fine till a few days ago. Things started slowing and I knew it wasnt a Virus (i guess in this instance Windows itself fits the dictionary definition of that)tar
    I started backing up I knew it was Windows hanging on system restore a few days before it said a very small notice bottom right this copy of windows is not genuine.

My original copy of w764 is a clean install nothing else but it does have service pack 1 and KP971033.

I have since re-installed re-validated. I now get a message saying "windows has detected your hard-rive is about to fail you should do an immediate back up.

Now im pretty sure this message is Bulls feces 1. ADVICE? 2. what do i do keep kb971033 or no? Can you switch the BIOS BACK TO AHCi MODE.

The last two questions are the most important, I would love peoples opinions , but above all actual experience as it seems like im going round in circles and honestly sometimes I think its not worth all this hassle just get a legal copy, Here in Thailand when you ask them oh you have w7 they say yeah yeah 32 bit but ask about the 64 bit there not so keen, I don't think the loader works on all models 64 bit.

Windows knows you have a MBR with a modern PC and Gets "suspicious," Its to convenient; sys restore stops working all the sevcices are running system shadow copy and its dependencies, basically Windows is a ROOTKIT virus unless its activated.

I hope someone can prove me wrong. I contracted in IT for 8 Years. IVe attached a speccy off my Laptop but basically a Samsung 3 series with a amd chpset. quad core.

OK 1. Can / Should you switch back to AHCI mode (i suspect not as not compatible with MBR) yes or no. keep kb971033 yes or no and anything further would be a bonus

Kind Regards

Stephanie

Attached Files:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    Seems that you are losing your way :D

Get a fresh MSDN media, install, then apply Daz's loader. Or you can go for a bios mod.

Also check the health of the HDD. Changing AHCI mode never causes "windows has detected your hard-rive is about to fail you should do an immediate back up."

:)

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    When it comes to software I'd recommend checking the HDD for errors and looking at it's health with HD Tune. It's worked well for me in the past.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...