Post Phoenix bios SLIC mod requests (*.WPH or *.ROM files). Previous requests

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Yen, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1 Yen, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Hi,

I've created a new thread especially for Phoenix bios mod requests (no Phoenix-Award), why?

They are more complex to modify and the tool Phoenix Bios editor (PBE) is sometimes not reliable.
    That's the reason why bios modders don't like to modify them that much.;)

Think about if you really want to try a mod. Inform yourself about how to recover from a bad flash, consult your manual BEFORE! Phoenix bioses are usually used at Notebooks. They are expensive and in case of a bad flash you should now how to recover it. Also you should know if you aren't able to recover your Notebook you have to send it to repair (RMA).

Please provide a proper request with a link to the original bios. Additionally please provide an RW-everything report of the Acpitables (found at announcement) with your request. UPDATE TO THE SAME ORIGINAL BIOS VERSION BEFORE

Advantages of such a mod:
    It's always made like a official OEM SLIC bios and there will be no difference at all (if it's working);)

Disadvantages:
    The risk to brick your Notebook is higher than at other bios manufacturers, such as AMI or Phoenix-AWARD.

There are a few bios modders which are familiar with Phoenix bioses, like Fzeven, petar (and me.)

I'm sure we will do our best to modify the bios, but don't forget the above.
    It's a fact:
    Most bios mods that caused a 'no-boot' are Phoenix bioses. This fact you should never forget. It's annoying to make a well done mod and to hear after that it caused a RMA.:(
    I highly recommend to repeat the decompression of the bios using PBE a few times and to compare the MD5 checksum of the decompressed files.
    The MD5 sum should be always the same to ensure that PBE did its work well.

If you are really sure about, feel free to post your request now and don't forget to provide the RW-everything report.That would make us to realise the mod more quickly:)
    To get a report, UPDATE TO THE SAME ORIGINAL BIOS VERSION BEFORE, install rw everything. Press acpi button, wait and press save all (ctrl+F2) and upload the table dump......

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iyepb0

iyepb0 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Hello Yen...

I need some help here..

I have a notebook that been 2 years use. Mine was Zepto Znote 6615WD, Denmark Assembly, bought in UK.
    Now, i'm having this weird condition that i cannot upgrade the memory upto 4GB or 3GB, i stuck at the max 2.5GB. The sound and modem wont start if i put 4GB or 3GB mem.
    I'm thinking that this is the cause of a bug in BIOS.
    My motherboard is ACER MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Board, with the latest version BIOS from Zepto as the manufacture is version z1.09. ftp://ftp.zepto.dk/

Now, i want to ask you...
    Can you mod it? So it can support the 4GB memory and identifying a better Graphic Card.
    Can i use an ACER BIOS Release for other motherboard and flash it to my notebook motherboard?
    Which one is it?

My Notebook Specs:
    T7600, Nvidia 7600 go, 2.5GB mem, 160GB HDD, 15.4".
    BIOS: ftp://ftp.zepto.dk/Notebooks/Discontinued_Models/Znote6615WD/BIOS/v1.09v.iso

You can mail me at: i.am.iyep@gmail.com

Thanks

BG,
    iyep

3. redan

redan MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    Dell mini 9 netbook

hi, sorry didn; see this thread when i podted in the main requests thread

Hello there, I would be very greatfull if some could put a slic in the following BIOSl

NetBook: Dell Mini 9
    Bios version: A03
    Bios Type: Pheonix
    SLIC: Dell
    Bios Link: http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/910_A03.exe

What is the success rate of Pheonix Bios mods, is the process reasonably stable?

Thanks in advance

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    iyepb0

I'm sorry. Your request is very hardware specific and I think only the Manufacturer of your motherboard has got the detailed info to program that.

This bios is very difficult to modify. PBE gives an error at rebuild, so I didn't use it. I had to do it manually, the structure of that bios is new....

Please update to the original bios before! Test it for possible issues.

To apply the mod, expand the archive and execute winphlash. I've included the original winphlash that comes with the original bios 1.6.6.0.
    Remove all bios passwords if set. Make sure no background program is running. To flash from 32 bit OS. Certificate is included.

There are always three possibilities:
    -mod works (it will be as stable as the original, because I haven't moved any offsets)
    -mod doesn't activate--->send AcpiScope report for retry to mod.
    -flash goes bad--->recovery---->if not possible---->RMA

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a51034

Tell me if it woks for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. redan

redan MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    Before I go ahead to try this, will it help you if I tell you that the Dell Mini 12 is very similar in design and specifications (only slightly different) and comes with Vista and therefore has the slic in the bios.

Perhaps that gives you a baseline for determining if what you have done is correct.
    Here is the link:
    http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/1210_A02.exe

6. iyepb0

iyepb0 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    @Yen
    Thank you. I'll contact the manufacture then.
    But, do you have contacts to inventec?

Thanks

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #7 Yen, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks a lot. You're right that bios seems to have got a SLIC already.

I want to explain what's the matter.
    The approach to modify your bios is clear and will usually work. I did it already here the same way:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/44912

When I did YOUR mod, the tool PBE gave a warning at rebuilding your bios. That's the difference.
    So I've decided to try it manually. The structure of that bios is new to me. AFAIK nobody has tried to integrate the SLIC module manually so far.

-I cannot say if the warning will cause an issue, definitively. (It's no error, it's a warning, I've missed that at first post)

-I haven't introduced the SLIC manually so far at that new structure.

IMO the manually way to try first is the better way, that's why I've provided the manually mod. At the manually way I didn't change ANY offsets of the modules. I haven't modified or moved important code. The sizes of the modules are still the same. IMO the worst case would be no SLIC......I don't know if the biosmodule needs to be registered in some way to make it run. But PBE shows clearly a SLIC when I'm decompressing my manually mod :)

I hope you can understand what makes me a bit worried about.;)
    The second option is the tool.

An other option is to wait for a biosupdate of Dell and to hope that PBE will be able to rebuild the new version without giving a warning. The Dell Mini 12 bios was rebuilt without that warning (I've tried that).

What do you think?

8. CrysDark

CrysDark MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2008
    realized I was in error...

9. moreal

moreal MDL Novice

May 3, 2007
    #9 moreal, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    Hello,Yen

Thank for your digging deep with phoenix bios

I am interested in it.mod once and no need to mod the newest offical bios? I can recover my bios chip with Xeltek Superpro 580U,I will try the new bios mod.

I am using a thinkpad T61p 8889-CH1,It use phoenix TrustedCore bios.

The link to the original bios
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7luj24us.exe

Attached Files:

10. redan

redan MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    It looks like someone has tried the modified A03 bios over at the mydellmini forum. Here is what was posted:

i've installed the A03 unofficial bios and i had problems with che ssd controller, the ssd wasn't mounted correctly but in read only, I needed to do a fsck on the /dev/sda, with the official A03 works fine

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #11 Yen, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    (OP)
    Thanks for the info.
    I've read the original thread. One member that is discussing there about seems a bit unqualified to me. Teeth_03's post reflects clearly his ignorance of this matter, offending me, or 'the guy'. Without any knowledge of the matter he better should watch out what he says.

He said he tried the 'unofficial' bios? Did he mean my mod for sure? Was there a SLIC shown at Everest?

Anyway here is the one I did first, the one with PBE used:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ea4d1y

As I've said already, the approach works, what's about the tool I don't know.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #12 Yen, Dec 25, 2008
    (OP)
    Do you need two mods, or is one obsolete?
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/659?page=28

13. moreal

moreal MDL Novice

May 3, 2007
    #13 moreal, Dec 25, 2008
    I am sorry.Before posting this thread,I didn't find you can make like a official OEM SLIC bios.

If I update a newest offical bios rom, SLIC of the like a offical OEM SLIC BIOS exist,The old one(the special bios ,no error 1802、1804、1805) is obsolete.

By the way,the T61 8889-ch1 has native SLIC,but when I update 2.19 bios,the native SLIC is lost.so I need modified bios.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #14 Yen, Dec 26, 2008
    (OP)
    I've added the US version. Please follow the instructions there:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/44896

15. chuckles

chuckles MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Phoenix Bios Mod Request

Would you please mod the following bios for me.

Travelmate 250
    Original bios 113 and most recent 115 are included in the uploaded file along with the .ats file. The .ats file is from the upgraded 115 bios. If you want me to downgrade to the 113 bios and reupload the .ats file let me know.

The notebook came originally with Windows XP home OEM installed.

Thank you for you help.

http://rapidshare.com/files/177186366/acer_travelmate_250_bios.rar.html

Chuck :D

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #16 Yen, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    (OP)
    I did a manually mod. because PBE changes the logos in some way.

Update to the 115 original before. Expand the archive and execute V115_MOD.EXE. Make sure no background programs are running, remove all bios passwords if set.
    (I've reinserted the bios.rom mod to your .exe)

The OEM TABLE ID was locked to 'Montara ', the BIOSCOD1.ROM module is fragmented, thanks for *.ats report.

If the flash doesn't start I'll provide to you the biosfile to be updated using winphlash alternatively. Certificate is included.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ytadha

Please report (if it's not working with *.ats report)

17. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi Yen,

Will this new mod work on Phoenix BIOS's of Sony Vaio's ?
    I know you guys had problems with them in the past.

18. ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer MDL Member

Jun 9, 2007
  19. hogman99

hogman99 MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2008
    #19 hogman99, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  20. chuckles

chuckles MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Yen,

Thanks a lot for this.

I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly!

I updated first to the original Acer bios v115 in windows xp and rebooted, I then installed your .exe from windows xp and rebooted. Everything was working fine so I installed Acer Vista Home Premiun OEM (which I made from instructions also on this forum) and it activated on install.

I am updating now.

Thanks again your the best!!
    Chuck