POST ur List of Windows 7 issue's

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by _office_, Nov 3, 2009.

1. _office_

_office_ MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2009
    #1 _office_, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    :: windows title ::
    size not comptible 2 full screen
    colour is damage'd
    desktop icon's not update'd

:: IE ::
    search in favorite's by name not work

-- solved --
    back button not work .. its' work
    svchost service problem .. disable DNS &&& telephony service

2. gigiostars

gigiostars MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2008
    Not antivirus hai hai hai! :)

Not antivirus hai hai hai! :)

Man, give a reinstallation and install NOD32

3. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I wouldn't call this Win7's fault. This problem is caused by something outside of Win7, such as a bad codec that conflicts with system files, a virus that hogs CPU .. etc. I had this problem while using Vista, and if you google it, you'll find that there are many causes for it, usually something outside of the OS.

4. _office_

_office_ MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2009
    i dont have a virus my system is clean
    if u ask what i have on computer that maybe cause to it ? VPC, NOD32, Comodo Firewall and some thing's that have no connection to this

5. mickyjim

mickyjim MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    system hanging

Hi if i were you the first thing i would try is remove comodo then use windows own firewall it might also be the case that you are running 2 firewalls i hope this helps you

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Or just disable winFW. Comodo is the recommended choice for the more experienced users...

7. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    My Win 7 issues:

8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Here are mine :

end of current issues...

9. GSlayer

GSlayer MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    Having wmplayer.exe running on Processes, and can't kill it unless I kill WMPsideshowgadget.exe first.

Which is weird, due windows media player not even running + not having a WMPsideshowgadget at all :/

(BTW this prevents MSN showing what music your listening on msn true Itunes.

If you kill both processes it'll show -_-'

Guess its a bug.

10. d3l1

d3l1 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    - explorer.exe crashing sometimes less, sometimes more often
    - making my HDTV "computer" and my actual monitor "projector" as display identity, which means my monitor is the second display which means some programs like MozBackup start on my HDTV unless I unplug it. And no switching cables doesn't work, neither does driver reinstall/uninstall/upgrade. I blame it on Windows and I can't find a way to change the display identity to the way it's meant to be. Because outside of Windows, my monitor is the main display where I see the bios, startup info ... Anyone can help? Please?

the other problem is caused by the nforce drivers, but that's to blame on nvidia.

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Normally there is an option to either "show on both", "show on display 1 alone" and "show on display 2 alone" in the select monitors section.

Did you try selecting the latter ?

12. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Open task manager and look for the owner of the svchost process, it cannot be in your user name. If it is, you may be got a virus:eek:

Look at the process name, if it is scvhost.exe instead of svchost.exe, it is a malware Trojan Horse named W32/Agobot-S virus. This malware application allows intruders/attackers to access your computer and steal passwords, Internet banking and personal data.:eek::eek:

Look at the file location, this must be \windows\system32, if not try to kill the process and delete the file.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

PS: My Windows 7 current issues: none

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #13 Dolorous Edd, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    I don't use a software firewall at all. never had a problem. Just have to be careful about what you allow on your system. If anything I just let windows firewall do it's thing. I have my own approach to security in windows, wouldn't recommend other people use it but it works for me.

I use

Mailwasher for checking my mail on the server, mail never touches my computer unless I want it.
    Firefox with noscript and adblock+
    MSE
    No firewall

The biggest preventative measure is that I do not download any and everything that comes across my path, I only download things from sites or people I trust.

Maybe we need a windows security section to the forum, and just direct all security related issues there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Good Idea! :DIt could be a good resource for everyone, we can see many discussions here and there about Firewalls and Antivirus. Will be a good thing to have some kind of "Windows 7 Security Center" thread.:)

15. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Everyone has it's own methods :)

FF noscript and adblock+ are a good choice though. Using it myself.

A seperate section for security is indeed a master idea. To much security related discussions floating around in the main win7 section.:cool:

16. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #16 Dolorous Edd, Nov 3, 2009

WMP has real problems trying to build a library when you have a very large collection of media. Also ID3 tags cause a major issue if WMP can't process them, it can take several minutes for every song with a bad ID3 tag for WMP to figure it out, and then the song may be unplayable in WMP anyway.

One solution is to delete your existing library (note, library and not the files themselves) and create a new one, once it has been created you can drag and drop one artist folder at a time into your my music directory, this way you can see what songs are causing the problem and remove them from your library. WMP is still slow to process them the first time but at least you can remove the songs and fix the ID3 tags with third party software.

Warning, bad ID3 tags can cause explorer issues because it try's to display tag information at the bottom of the explorer window. Work around for me was to add them all to a zip file until I am ready to fix them.

I lost access to half my Jethro Tull songs :(

17. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Don't forget FF with noscript, adblock blocks adds as one would imagine but noscript blocks malicious scripts

18. eaponte23

eaponte23 MDL Member

Sep 29, 2008
    One issue I have from time to time is icons dissapearing out of nowhere. For instance I might go to Start/All Programs/CCleaner and the icon for it is gone. Replaced by some default icon. Happened to me on 32 bit and 64.

Acronis 2010 and Malwarebytes' are just a few others that I can remember it happening to. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling works sometimes it don't. Check app properties and browsing for it's icon. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

It also happened on RC 7100...:rolleyes:

19. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #20 genuine555, Nov 3, 2009
    did u by some chance use a watermark remover ? they tend to mess things up. dissapearing icons are one of the known issues...

either that or windows updates can do that. There are many ppl using win7 that had icons on the startmenu dissapear after installing updates. After a system restore, and reinstalling the updates everything was well. u could try that.