Post your windows 7 desktop!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gamepoint, Jan 6, 2010.

1. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #1 gamepoint, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
    here's mine!be original!!thanx to daz..my 7 IS original!haha:D

EDIT by ancestor(v):
    Please use the attachment function or post in small(er) resolutions. No pictures that make the thread go out of it's form...

Attached Files:

2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #2 Phazor, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gamepoint

Jan 4, 2010
    #3 gamepoint, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    (OP)
    awesome!!

can u share the clock gadget??:eek:

EDIT by ancestor(v):
    No fullquote of a picture necessary...

4. TRoJaNVYRuZ

TRoJaNVYRuZ MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
  5. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Would you guys mind using smaller resolutions or use the attachment function of the forum?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #6 Phazor, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    Well, since this is a screenshot thread i didnt think it would be a bad thing to post them in full size so that members can view them without having to go offsite.

But if thats what you want...youre the admin so your wish is my command. :)

EDIT: As for the 'gadget', thats not a gadget, its a Sysmetrix. And yes, technically i could share it of course, its just that i made that for myself so its highly personalized which means i had to 'globalize' it first. Most of the blue LEDs for instance are really buttons to lauch stuff so i had to remove my links and tell you how to add your own, etc. But if enough people want it i could do it, sure...

7. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    @TRoJaNVYRuZ: What's that 'thing' at the top of your desktop? I like it. :)

8. gamepoint

Jan 4, 2010
    agreed..:eek:

9. TRoJaNVYRuZ

TRoJaNVYRuZ MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
    #10 TRoJaNVYRuZ, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    Agreed.
    Thx for sharing.. ^.^

Im using Objecdock Plus by Stardock.com
    there r 2 version which is ObjectDock Free and ObjectDock Plus
    only Objectdock Plus has the Tab function included :)

haha! Im using Win7 default theme..
    just changed the background image, installed ObjectDock Plus and a few Windows Gadgets ;)

10. bassie995

bassie995 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    AAAAHH, Phazor, please share your ways of awesome desktops with us.... We would be eternally grateful!
    Now normal: I like your desktop very much, and would be pleased to see that you made a tutorial of some sort to show us how to do that too, seeing that I'm not the only one who wants this. Please?

11. exo-dan

exo-dan MDL Senior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    one of my favorite shows...

Attached Files:

12. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I have said this before and I'll say it again. What is the point of using a dockbar (objectdock/rocketdock) on Win 7.. Really stupid.

13. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Someone tell me why I see many of you are still using a dockapp on Windows 7? That is the whole point of the new taskbar.

Am I missing something. Or is it simpliy, you think it looks "cool"?

Also, searchengine, why is that thumbnail code tip an image?.. :)

14. searchengine

searchengine Guest

LOL :D ..it's posted as image cause every time I tried to enter as a code, or quote, then checked preview ... it was displaying as a link :D

... and people use Docks for lot's of reasons, some just like cool, others like multiple dock features, some docks displayed, some docks hidden till mouseover ... etc ..... some just don't like bundle of shortcuts with arrows all over desktop ... and some just don't like taskbar and system tray loaded.

People just custom their desktop to their own taste and mood ... and they have a right to do so ;)

15. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    But the taskbar is 2 in 1. A dockbar and a taskbar.

I could understand if you used up all the space on the taskbar, but you only have 2 pinned items... You have all that space, but instead, you run a third party app, which however little, is still using unnecessary resources.

Yes, I can understand the usefulness of Objectdock's tabbed dockbar, and some docks have fancy features like flyout folders, but you can do most of this stuff (with the help of 3rd party) for the taskbar.

Seems deranged to me. ;)

16. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #20 MasterDisaster, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
    You need to use the noparse tag to display bbcode without parsing it into a link.