PotPlayer 1.6.56209 (Freeware)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by pisthai, Sep 10, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Yeah, it is a good player ! I have installed it in my Windows 10 and is working well.
    Yet, I don't understand why they named it "potplayer" !
    Regards

3. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Best multimedia player I've ever used :
    Can read a lot of audio and video ;
    Can read a network flux or file directly from the Internet ;
    Is simple to use but really complete (full of settings) ;
    Can double the audio to differents outputs (Jack + HDMI, for exemple) ;
    Has "cinetic blur" effect that double FPS (frame interpolation, works very well with madVR) ;
    And even more...

For me, this is the only one media player I need.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah!! That name seems to be having some secrets?!

Just is an well working Player!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wahoospa

wahoospa MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    I've been using it for OTA for a couple years now and really like it very much. I only wish they could put a program guide in it. Other than that I'd give it a 10.

6. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    Out of curiosity, have they restored the ability to display full-screen embedded album art for music files yet? I'm currently on an older version of PotPlayer, before this feature was removed, and replaced with album art which does not fill the player. Thanks! :)

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The most easy way is to download, install and test to find out it does what you want!!

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    What's it like compared to VLC?

9. cdavisdeco

cdavisdeco MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I'm using Pot Player for the first time on Windows 7. As I feel VLC is faster than Pot. And I couldn't find a way to edit mp3 tags in it. But overall it's a good player.

10. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    #10 Chromace, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    @MrMagic
    I'm a sucker for aesthetics, and I have to say that it fits my needs better than VLC does. Firstly, Daum PotPlayer is much prettier looking, and its themes look better in my opinion. Secondly, it's the only media player which I've found that can display external '.ass' subtitles with audio files (I've even made a forum post asking about this very question - there really isn't a substitute for Linux distributions which can do this. At least, nothing that was brought up).

11. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    @pisthai
    But I'm lazy... :p

Seriously though, it doesn't appear to have changed. According to the change-logs, the last time the album art feature was changed was at 1.6.53104, and I'm one version behind it. Oh well...

12. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Brilliant Player - seems to work with any sound or video file, have been using it for about 2 years on 7,8 and 10.
    Some of the Korean/Chinese software seems very good to me. Baidu and Aliexpress work brilliantly. Once you can get the Baidu Downloader I have never had a download problem. My internet cuts out for a few seconds several times a day and Baidu Downloader never objects, can even reset the computer without any problems. For buying stuff from China Aliexpress is amazing. The English is faultless and delivery is very good considering a lot of items are free delivery. Just be careful with buying anything expensive (think up to £15 is OK) otherwise you get pay Customs Duty and VAT, which would make any purchase uneconomic.

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yay friend, PotPlayer is fantastic thanks for all :biggrin:

14. Leadbelly

Leadbelly MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2010
    I installed the update v1.6.56209 and for some reason, every time I open PotPlayer the updated window pops up asking to install the v1.6.56209 again. I disabled updates, but it seems to reset itself. Anyone else have this problem.

15. darkmustang

darkmustang MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2012
    @Leadbelly

In the potplayer forums there is a post to a beta that fixes the problem you are having. It's 1.6.56239 beta

I cant post links yet or I would