PowerDVD Ultra Problem, Windows 2003 issue

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mondy43, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Mondy43

Mondy43 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2007
    I am having this problem.

I just downloaded this HD movie and I am having difficulty seeing it in Windows 2003 Enterprise.(1 Gb of RAM, Boot partition has 50 Gb and 32 Gb are still free) I try to see it twice with VLC player, which plays it with some minor hickups, but suddenly it crashes and the PC shutdown itself. I try to install PowerdDVD ultra deluxe 7.3, but it asks me to have DirectX 9.0b or better. I installed DirectX 9.0c but the error message continues to recur and stops the Cyberlink PowerDVD ultra installation. Here are my questions:
    1- How do I vercome this problem?
    2- How do I check if DirectX 9.0c is registered on my PC?
    3- Do you know another player that will play this HD movie without these hurdles?
    4- If not tell me some codecs that will help play this type of movie

Thanks

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #2 ancestor(v), Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
    sounds like a special problem...let's see:

First of all I need to know what kind of file it is. AVI, MPEG, MPG4...?
    PAL/NTSC? Try to install PowerDVD, just any version, nothing special, and Direct-X b.

Or elseway, maybe it is just a codec problem. I recommend the use of a codec package. What OS do you use? I know two very good codec packages, but it depends on wether you use winXP or winVista.

[!] And please be aware that neither me nor the forum are responsible in any way for what you do to your machine. there shouldn't be any major problems, this just in case... [!]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xpmedia

xpmedia MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
    i have exactly the same problem
    also running win2003 enterprise (sp1)
    also tried installing dirx9c mar 2008 update, to no avail.

this stupid powerdvd 7.3 really sucks