PowerISO & Watch Dogs Issues with W10TP

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mechanicweb, Oct 8, 2014.

1. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Don't know if this is already addressed.

I am having issues with PowerISO and Watch Dogs.

PowerISO 6.0 causes error. After Mounting an ISO when you want to run setup.exe from within the virtual drive, it displays "Incorrect Function".

Also, running Watch Dogs returns "Out of Range Error"

Can anyone tell me whats going wrong or what to do?

2. brut7

brut7 MDL Member

Jun 9, 2007
    For mounting iso's virtual clone drive seems to work fine.

3. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    I just tested with the W10 ISO and see the same thing.

Was this an upgrade of an older Windows (mine is)? The PowerISO driver may not have carried over in that case. See if reinstalling it and rebooting helps.

4. netmain

netmain MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012

Attached Files:

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    It's good to notice issues such as this because MS might have a problem with a driver, but why are you guys mounting isos with poweriso instead of the normal windows option?
    You just double click on it to mount and right click on the drive letter and select eject to unmount.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    I completely missed that function and always thought that it would only open the ISO via WinRAR. It's functioning a bit strange or a bit buggy, at least within the TP.

:eek:

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Nice feature they introduced with Win 8 ... never needed any 3rd party to mount after that (older ISOs already converted with UltraISO) :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
  10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Ah....! The german thinking!!

Let say at this way: Some games need at every start an CD/DVD, mainly the Main or No. 1 CD/DVD in the same drive or an drive with the same drive letter.

11. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Thougth you only promote strictly legal actions... (...pharisees everywhere) :cool2:.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Nah, it is not German thinking, he refers to game.exes which perform physical sector tests on the physical DVD to validate originality. Pressed media can be pressed always the same physical way, for instance if you measure the angles of a triangle of 3 different sector numbers it is on pressed media always the same whereas on burned it varies.
    Before I modded BIOSES I mimicked special sector triangle angles on blank CDs by extending sector lengths.

When you mount you need to remove that check by using a ‘NO CD / DVD exe’ or to use additional data of the physics of the original to make it run.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry Yen, I hadn't mean the speech of "German Thinking" regarding the CD/DVD problem!

14. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    For me PowerISO is not working. Some games are not working too with same out of range error. I guess its the beta, after all.

15. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    UltraISO is working here :g:.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows "10" TP is still in ALPHA stage not BETA yet!!

17. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #18 TONSCHUH, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    I don't want to go into too many details, but I create an ISO of ALL my physical Disk's.

Why ?

- I hate the read- / transfer-speed of a CD / DVD-Drive
    - Ever had a scratched Disk ?
    - Because a Back-up on an external HDD is harder to loose
    - No Disk-Juggling if the Game has more than one Disk
    - Sometimes you can bypass an annoying Copy-Protection (no Disk found in Drive blabla)
    - etc.pp.

I still buy physical Disks @EBGames, if you get something extra with it, the rest mainly via Steam or Origin.

After I pre-ordered "Alien: Colonial Marines" plus bought the Season-Pass upfront and got burned by the final product big times, I prefer to have an upfront look into certain game titles, especially if I had no access to a beta.

Btw. how much is UltraISO working for you and which Version do you use ?

Yeah, that can be a reason as well. GameCopyWorld is luckily still online and very helpful when it comes down to certain protections.

Some DRM / Copy-Protection-Stuff doesn't work properly under actual OS-Versions too or who still wants to install Starforce or other crap on your system ...

PS: Just have a look into my Steam- and Origin-Profiles. I own more Games I'm ever able to play, because I'm unfortunately forced to go to work and lack the necessary spare-time for it.

;)

18. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
  19. bartolengue

bartolengue MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2014
    I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount an image. The only thing I needed to do is to run it as administrator to make it work properly.