PowerNow does not work on Opterons 290 at my Board Celsius V830 - Gigabyte GA-2CEWH

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by keys2004, Sep 24, 2012.

1. keys2004

keys2004 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    Hello guys,

i have several Boards (originally Fujitsu Celsius V830 but these are the same as Gigabyte GA-2CEWH) i want to upgrade to the latest option (2x Opteron 290, 16GB of registered ECC RAM DDR-400).
    I have the problem that the Boards are running all the time with full Vcore Volts and full time with 2,8GHz at all cores.
    So PowerNow seems not to work.
    If i changed the CPUs to Opterons 285 (2x 2,6GHz) or 256 (1x 3GHz) and PowerNow is then working(but these CPUs are slower as the 290).
    So it is definitely the Board.

I need help very urgent!
    Because i lost almost 1 CPU because of overheating. The CPUs are getting too hot if PowerNow is not working.

I have already tried the latest Fujitsu Bios and the latest Gigabyte Bios. Both are not able to work with PowerNow with the 290.

Fujitsu it is not willing to help. (they say the Board is too old and because of 1 men, even when i have several board, they do not correct those errors).
    Gigabyte has said PowerNow is only for Notebooks. So these "engineer" has no anticipation to their own products.
    I have to explain him that this feature is already supported in the older CPUs and that Gigabyte already has corrected Bios files with older versions with the words "Support 285 power now", but not for 290.

Both supports are a mess!
    :mad:

2. keys2004

keys2004 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    To tqhoang:
    Latest Gigabyte-Bios-File: download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...cewhrh_f14.exe
    Latest Fujitsu-Bios-File: I can`t get a direct Link. You have to switch to "Support" and "Download Drivers" and take a "V830 Workstation" and download the file by click (Latest Ver. 1.09)

To draken:
    PowerNow does not work in Windows XP and Windows7.
    When i place an Opteron 256 or 285 in it PowerNow works in Windows XP and Windows 7 without any more changes. So it is definitely a bios problem.

3. keys2004

keys2004 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    I have already tried with RMclock bevore.
    It does not work.
    I can`t say why but i think the bios blocks it.