pretend to have hardware unsupported for Win11

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by eemuler, Mar 6, 2023.

1. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I'm seeing many utilities that allow the installation of Windows 11 on computers with unsupported hardware. Is there a utility that will do the opposite - ie. trick Windows 10 into thinking that the PC does not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11? I want to stay on Windows 10 but continue to get all updates including feature updates. All the methods I have found so far seem to allow updates to the currently installed version but will not update to the following versions.

2. berr1sfueller

berr1sfueller MDL Senior Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Try disabling TPM and virtualization?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 12 lb Turkey

12 lb Turkey MDL Junior Member

Nov 24, 2022
    Use the TargetReleaseVersion policy to lock your system as W10 22H2.
    You'll continue to get normal updates, but never be asked about W11 migration. When 23H2 arrives, you can change the setting.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
    "ProductVersion"="Windows 10"
    "TargetReleaseVersion"=dword:00000001
    "TargetReleaseVersionInfo"="22H2"

4. berr1sfueller

berr1sfueller MDL Senior Member

Nov 17, 2022
    My bad bro I misunderstood. You don't even have to do that. Grab this.
    Open package creator, (N) for new pack. Then (S25) to create the Update Threshold package.
    Run the package and when it asks, choose Current-Environment to apply live.
    It's set to default to your current threshold (21H2/22H2/etc) but you can manually adjust it.
    There's also a pack that will freeze you driver updates if you're interested. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    #5 eemuler, Mar 7, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    (OP)
    How will I know when 23H1 or 23H2 or whatever gets released? Windows update won't prompt me any more.

Also I use TPM and virtualization - sometimes.

I could look out for the feature releases but if I want this for friends and family I don't want them messing with the registry.