Printer problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bdearen, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bdearen

bdearen MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2009
  2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    U could check if the printer is connected properly ?

3. Pliskin

Pliskin MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bdearen

Oct 3, 2009
    printer is connected fine. I am using the windows 7 default drivers the hp ones don't work at all. I had this printeir working fine before I formatted and I didn't do anything just plugged it in and let windows 7 handle the drivers.

5. dokapp2111

dokapp2111 MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Please, try to deinstall all Printer Drivers, and then Reboot your PC. After that, download the firmware (and if its an .exe file, choose "Run as an Administrator"), and install them manually (per Device-Manager)

I hope it work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bdearen

Oct 3, 2009
    removed the printer tried to install via devisce manager no sucess still getting the same thing

7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    did you try the vista drivers for your printer ? They should work...

are you running 32 or 64 bit ?

8. bdearen

Oct 3, 2009

Running 64 bit the only drivers hp has are vista drivers have to install them in compatilbilty mode via win7 w/e I will just check tomorrow and maybe HP will have drivers ready on the 22 for win7. This is from the HP webiste

Support details

This document pertains to Windows 7 support and drivers for HP Products and HP All-in-One Products.
    Currently, a final release version of Windows 7 is not available to the public. Microsoft is planning on releasing Windows 7 to the public on October 22, 2009.
    HP is not providing support or drivers for beta or test versions of Windows 7.
    For products that will have Windows 7 drivers, the drivers will be released after HP has tested and qualified their reliability. Once qualified, HP might release drivers before Microsoft releases the final version of Windows 7 to the public. Not every driver will be available before the release of Windows 7 and some models may not have any early release drivers.
    HP support representatives do not have any information regarding the release of drivers and software for Windows 7.

so win7 drivers sometime when next year? lol s**ts stupid

just kinda sucks I got the default win7 drivers to load and everything but I couldn't see ink levels without the hp drivers. so I installed the hp drivers system was hanging on startup disabled the hp drivers system went back to normal now when win 7 tries to instsall the printer drivers they fail idk...

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    did you fully DELETE the 32bit drivers ? maybe some residuals f**king things up for ya...