Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by AA94, May 31, 2011.

1. AA94

AA94 MDL Novice

May 25, 2011
    I recently reformatted my computer. I'm trying to install a HP printer. When I connect the USB i am notified that the USB print support was installed. But the computer does not install the printer's drivers. When i tried it on another computer the printer's drivers were immediately installed. I even tried using the cd. But when the setup asks to connect the usb and turn on the printer nothing happens. I even downloaded the drivers from the internet which was a solution given by windows "Problems Reports and Solutions" but the printer is still not shown in "Printers" in the control panel.
    In the device manager my printer is shown under the category "Other Devices" with a question mark.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    That is because you connected printer first you need to remove the printer shown as other device from device manager then install drivers then it should ask you to plug in the usb connection.

3. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    also check the HP website for most current drivers

4. jenryf

jenryf MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2011
    Installing a latest driver can help ...
    Cheers!!

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Just do that and it will be fine. My HP1000 LaserJet needs to be installed this way, but the same applies to many USB devices - i.e. my Yamaha USB 2.1 sound system. Installation of such devices will fail if you plug the cable before you have installed the driver.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...