Privacy on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by mirchisait, Oct 22, 2021.

1. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    #1 mirchisait, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  2. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    #2 mirchisait, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    (OP)
    The only ROM that sets their ntp to time.grapheneos.org is AICP.

3. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    Using ADB doesn't really uninstall an app(s), but disables them. The only way to uninstall/delete a system app without root is by using a custom recovery like twrp/ofox. The only downside to using a custom recovery is that any OTA updates for the stock rom will have to be flashed manually.

5. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    #5 NST_Adventure, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Indeed mate
    Custom rom is best for freedom users

Idk different between disable and uninstall via ADB because they both do same thing causing app icon or launcher vanish and not accessible by anyone and anything till you revert the change
    *moyai emojis*

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    @NST_Adventure Disabling apps, especially on Chinese manufacturers, for e.x. Xiaomi, Realme, OnePlus, Oppo, etc, don't really disable trackers...

Say you disable the default file manager app that contains, I guess, more than 26 trackers... There are still connections made by those trackers & several services running in the background.

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Where exactly is the problem if a chinese company or organisation is tracking you? (I assume you are not living in China, Honkong or Taiwan...)

8. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Meanwhile me:
    RDNS activated
    And uninstall those bloatware via ADB

Note:
    RDNS (RethinkDNS) i FOSS app goal is simple make all your connection more privacy friendly by block those unwanted connection and hopefully included tracker...

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure