Privazer real alternative to CCleaner

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Jun 28, 2012.

  1. windsman

    windsman MDL Expert

    Jan 11, 2010
    1,340
    1,007
    60
  2. WIKIMACK

    WIKIMACK MDL Expert

    Nov 10, 2011
    1,532
    986
    60
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WIKIMACK

    WIKIMACK MDL Expert

    Nov 10, 2011
    1,532
    986
    60
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CHEF-KOCH

    CHEF-KOCH MDL Addicted

    Jan 7, 2008
    937
    886
    30
    :huh:

    Sorry but can someone explain me the difference and why this is 'the real alternative' because CCleaner works well + it offers winapp2.ini support, does this also comes with this?

    I'm asking because I not tested it (yet) myself and before I install just another product I want to make sure it does what it promises. I tried already Xleaner and the hyped open source BleachBit but none of them really reached CCleaner in performance, features and customization.

    Maybe somone could guide me, I would be thankful. :mushy:
     
  5. WIKIMACK

    WIKIMACK MDL Expert

    Nov 10, 2011
    1,532
    986
    60
    HI, this soft :most powerful and works in depth.

    slower but more effective than CCleaner
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CHEF-KOCH

    CHEF-KOCH MDL Addicted

    Jan 7, 2008
    937
    886
    30
    Tried it, verdict .... nothing beats CCleaner.

    Sr, to say but's true. Besides the advance GUI gimmick this tool offer it's not better in performance, features or usability. CCleaner is clean and not that much confusing, the switch between advance and basic is also almost the same, it just enable some other cleaning functions you can select, in CCleaner this was better designed because the necessary stuff is enabled and everything optional is really optional, like Browser monitoring and such.

    Thanks anyway, I keep an eye on it. :tounge5:
     
  7. 90

    90 MDL Member

    Aug 21, 2015
    105
    10
    10
    Is CCleaner or Privazer better for privacy?
    I hear CCleaner does not care about privacy, only cleaning.
     
  8. Ultra Male

    Ultra Male MDL Expert

    May 30, 2014
    1,127
    503
    60
    I agree with you, furthermore, its cookie cleaning is horrible, it clears all my cookies so I have to relogin on 10s of websites that I regularly visit. I cannot find the option toe manually clean the browser cache only and not the cookies.

    CCleaner is much customizeable or maybe it has the option to not clear cookies but the UI / Menus are very poorly designed.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. windowsguru

    windowsguru MDL Novice

    Oct 18, 2012
    13
    10
    0
    #11 windowsguru, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    I just installed R-Wipe and Clean and it seems to have alot more control and options than both of these.
     
  10. Dark Knight

    Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

    Jul 14, 2013
    260
    94
    10
    #12 Dark Knight, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Worried about privacy well keep worrying because there is no cleaner / wiper software that TRULY cleans or wipes and removes all traces of your activity, it's impossible and cannot be done, the technology is just not there.
    All cleaners or wipers do is set the deleted or "cleaned" space aside for overwriting, no matter how many times you overwrite or "clean" the data, the old data will always be there until overwritten by something else, cleaners and wipers just break up the data, spread it out to make it harder to be recovered, but any Geek with enough time on their hands can put it all back together.
    Cleaners pretty much do the same thing that gets done when you empty your recycle bin.

    So these companies that have you believing that they can remove "all traces" are just feeding you false statements.

    If you truly want to clean and remove all traces of your activity, take the HDD out of your pc, put it on the back porch and proceed to smash the living sh!t out of it with a sledge hammer until it is in a million pieces, make 4 small piles of all the pieces and proceed to dump them in the trash in 4 different locations as far apart as possible. THIS will ensure your data never gets recovered.

    So to answer your question, it doesn't matter whether you use CCleaner, Privazer, R-Wipe and Clean, or the Windows Disk Cleaning Utility, they all do the same thing.

    BTW , Privazer is not to be taken lightly. Pay attention to what you do with it because it can and will render your pc unbootable if not used correctly.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. windowsguru

    windowsguru MDL Novice

    Oct 18, 2012
    13
    10
    0
    I disagree with you I know howto get rid all traces of anything as well as wipe the ram memory. With wipers like BC wipe or others, the data is overwritten by what you decide to overwirite it
    with so your ststement is totally false.
     
  12. Dark Knight

    Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

    Jul 14, 2013
    260
    94
    10
    #14 Dark Knight, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Ok, you can just go on believing that.

    The absolute BEST thing you can do is to encrypt your drives and even THAT is not 100% fool proof. I am sure you have heard in the news recently about the FBI cracking Apples encrypted "unhackable" IPhone? without the help of Apple.

    It all depends on who wants that data and how badly they want it. It may take some time but eventually it can be had.

    Don't believe me? why don't you submit one of your "cleaned" drives to the DOJ or FBI for analysis and see what they come up with. The only thing "cleaners" do is provide one with a false sense of security. Any data you add to a hard drive stays there, even if removed until such time it is overwritten by something else. It may get broken up and scattered by a cleaner or wiper but it is there until overwritten.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. windowsguru

    windowsguru MDL Novice

    Oct 18, 2012
    13
    10
    0
    I have been working in the privacy business for 15 years and yes i don't believe you. I run the same programs the FBI uses to test the drivers after they are cleansed.
     
  14. Dark Knight

    Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

    Jul 14, 2013
    260
    94
    10
    #16 Dark Knight, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    So it would be in your companies best interest to have people believe that these types of software work? because after all what you sell is security .... right?
    Well, I know people that work for the FBI and DOJ that will tell you quite differently, so lets just put an end to this right now.

    And as far as you running the same programs the FBI use to test drives? well, I can hardly believe that because the FBI does not just hand out their secrets, and EVEN IF YOU DID, it's probably old technology they don't use anymore.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. 90

    90 MDL Member

    Aug 21, 2015
    105
    10
    10
    While we are discussing overwriting to erase data
    Is it enough to overwrite once? Some software like ccleaner offer the ability to do multiple overwrite passes, is that useless?
    And what about the provisioning space in SSDs, they are not seen by the OS and not overwritten. Not sure if SD cards have similar provisioning space problem.
     
  16. windowsguru

    windowsguru MDL Novice

    Oct 18, 2012
    13
    10
    0
    Try this tool out, its newb friendly
    PassMark OSForensics Pro 3.3.100

    Other good Forensic tools I use are:

    The SANS Investigative Forensic Toolkit (SIFT) is an Ubuntu based Live CD

    ProDiscover

    Volatility for memory dumps

    When traces are found with above Forensic tools, I simply remove them.

    SO maybe for the newb, The FBI will find evidence, but in my world, they will find a message from me in the overwritten data
     
  17. Dark Knight

    Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

    Jul 14, 2013
    260
    94
    10
    #19 Dark Knight, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Obviously the more overwrites you do, the harder it is to recover the data all in one piece. Like I have said above, it all depends what you are trying to erase vs. who wants it and how badly they want it vs. how much of the data has already been overwritten by something else.

    This is why I have ALWAYS recommended to anyone that personal or damaging information never, ever, ever, EVER be stored on your pc, smart phone or tablet or ANY electronic device that connects to the internet for that matter. By doing so it just leaves you wide open to disaster. And if your going to do or surf anywhere you don't what your ISP seeing use a vpn or a tunnel. And THAT my friends is the BEST security advice anyone can give.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Dark Knight

    Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

    Jul 14, 2013
    260
    94
    10
    Dude, stop trying to one up me, it is what it is.

    Besides what you listed above are mainstream forensic tools that can be purchased or obtained by anyone.

    If you think you can beat the FBI and DOJ then I'm happy for you because you are the ONLY one that I know of that can. :worthy:

    Obviously the challenge has never been put forth to you.

    You must think that with a name like windowsguru that I am supposed to think you actually are? especially since you have only posted here six times since 2012? and three quarters of those posts used here today? Give me a break, my momma didn't raise no fool. For all I know your just a tech with The Geek Squad.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...