Pro for Workstations Better Than Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by PolidelticusFire, Jul 16, 2021.

1. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    AFAIK, Pro for Workstations is the most expensive SKU here in Brazil, costing a whopping (although not unexpected) US$ 488,23 or R$ 2.499,00... (Brazilian Real)...

- Does ProWS have any exclusive features that make it better then Enterprise? (e.g. those features are completely absent from Enterprise).
    - If not, why does it cost this much?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PolidelticusFire

May 7, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I think it does apply to Windows 11.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why wouldn't it, 11 still is and will be 10 based.

Profws is useless to most, only with multiple cpu's and then still enterprise has the same and more features.

5. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    If you have the hardware to make proper use of Pro for Workstations, the extra cost is insignificant compared to what you have already spent.

6. PolidelticusFire

May 7, 2020
    I don't have a Xeon or an Epyc or Threadripper (Although I want to build a machine like that in the future...)..

I just run Enterprise for it being the SKU with all features packed in.
    It's the full package. If I can use it, then why not? :)

7. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I agree, I use Pro for Workstations and have the hardware that can make use of it.
    Running ProfWs on an actual workstation, I haven't seen features in Enterprise that would be of an real-world advantage to me, since I don't operate in a Domain or in a large network.
    ProfWS is definitely noticeably smoother and faster than Pro on my workstation.
    The CPU Scheduler does seem to be optimized for multiple CPUs with multiple cores, and seems to be tweaked again, for the better, in Windows 11.