Probably the Best Free VPN Service

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Katzenfreund, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  2. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    If anyone has any questions heres the direct telephone number ---- >001-301-688-6311

3. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    @Katzenfreund: Thanks for the tip on Windscribe. I signed up using your link to try it out. Nice to see you back at MDL.

@case-sensitive: Guess you have trust issues? (you gave the number for the NSA, lol)

4. adric

adric MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2009
    I see there is Winscribe Addon for various browsers. Is that enough or do you have to install the computer version too?

5. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    With the browser addon you can access geo restricted content, but you can't get torrents.
    With the computer version you can do everything.

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Katzenfreund hello I'm very happy with your return be welcome good companion :D:hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >Guess you have trust issues?

;) .......... NO ........ other way around = Because the internet isn't safe and we want privacy and security ........... we give complete strangers our private data to look after for us !?!?

I've set up a private bank . I dont keep records or logs ....... i'ill never give your private details away to the NSA even if a court tells me to ........ or they threaten my life ........ or they break into my computer ............ so if youi give me your cash you're 100 % safe and i promiose i wont sell your details .......... and i wont spend your cash .......... AND .......... as an extra bonus ......... at my own cost ............. you get a free picture of britny spears with a cat !!!!

8. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Tweet4Data

I’ve noticed that a number of members have taken advantage of the OP offer and they’ll probably now want to send a tweet to get 5GB more per month.

Registration at Twitter is of course free, but you’ll need to have at least 3 followers before sending the tweet. If you PM me your Twitter name, I’ll follow you, so that you’ll only need 2 more followers. Alternatively, follow me:
    Thomas Catt @ThomasCatt2
    and I’ll follow you back.

You can get followers easily by first following a few of those suggested to you, giving preference to those who follow more people than are followed by.

9. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Thank you. Reading the rest of the thread I thought I must have entered the wrong website....
    Windscribe is in Canada, so that is good, they have a strict policy of never colluding with the US. Unless you work for Huawei... :D
    And it is generally a pretty safe country. I suppose as long as you are not native indian kid? :eek:

But... I am impressed with 11 free GB per month. That is about what I use every day.

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I suppose, if the NSA, CIA and the like are really determined to find out your true identity, they’ll find a way of doing it.
    I’ve even read that they can recover “permanently” erased and overwritten data on your disks.

So don’t use a VPN, or the web in general, for engaging in seriously illegal activities. After all, absolute anonymity, security and privacy are commodities not available in the store known as Internet.

However, leaving aside the above extreme theoretical scenario, long experience has shown that reputable VPN services can be relied upon to effectively encrypt and anonymize a user’s connection for most practical purposes. Among these are hiding one’s identity, accessing geo blocked content and downloading torrents without getting into serious legal trouble.
    And these are the reasons the average user wants a VPN for.

As Mick Jagger put it, you can’t always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes you get what you need.