Probem with SDC's

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by endlesslyonline, Aug 8, 2011.

1. endlesslyonline

endlesslyonline MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Firstly, let me say that i know that i have posted this in another section, so this is probably double posting, but the section i have posted in does not seem to get as many views as this one, and there has only been a few views on my topic it self, and no replies, so i come here, to seek your advice/assistance

I have downloaded one SDC from sh.cvut.cz/MSDNAA/Rapid_Setup, it was a windows_xp_sp3 SDC, i then used unpacksdc1.1 and it worked perfectly, i was stunned at how easy it was to download it and get the ISO from it, i then decided to let me software collection grow a little with the help of rapid_setup, and started by downloading en_expression_studio_4_ultimate_x86_dvd_537032.sdc
    but when i tried to unpack it, it gave me this error, This file is not a SDC File or this format is not supported.

I then thought, maybe new corrupted download? so i downloaded it again, twice, same story, then i tried en_expression_studio_4_ultimate_x86_msdnaa_dvd_537 046.sdc, same story, twice....

Then i thought, new encryption? But i read at a few places on this forum that rapid_setup is not using the newly encrypted files?

Anyone out there that can help clarify this? I am busy downloading two other's at the moment aswell, both large files, so i want to cancell the downloads if it seems that all the files will do that.

EDIT* Already finished downloading them, same story "This file is not a SDC File or this format is not supported. "

PS - expression studio with chrome, and then tried it with FDM.

Regards,

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Simple, unpacksdc is no longer compatible with newer sdc containers... algorithm has changed, don't expect unpacksdc update

3. endlesslyonline

endlesslyonline MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2011
    I have read about the new algorithm and that unpacksdc wont work anymore, but like mentioned in the thread, i have read at various threads on this forum that the site that i have downloaded the .sdc files from (sh.cvut.cz/MSDNAA/Rapid_Setup) does not host sdc files with the new algorithm.

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    The magic word here is 'some', some listed sdc files will work, others not