problem booting up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by italian, Dec 6, 2011.

1. italian

italian MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2011
    please could someone help? I have suddenly developed a problem when booting up windows seven ultimate. I get a list of options - windows 7/vista/server (pointer) windows 7/vista/server(Debug - Default Mode) windows 7/vista/server (Debug - Legacy Mode) windows 7/vista/server (No SLIC - Pointer) windows 7/vista/server (No SLIC) WindowsNT/2000/xp for some unknown reason the selection cursor seems moves up and down uncontrollably until I hit a key? "windows 7/vista/server (pointer)" is the only option that boots into windows. all the other options seem to enter into "windows recovery" I have also tried to run a chkdsk/r after a reboot but windows automatically cancels the scheduled check. I have no idea why this has suddenly happened and how to resolve it? thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Try a different keyboard and mouse....

3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    this is an option in Daz's loader that causes that menu to show. you have "use default boot menu" checked in the advanced tab of the loader

if the menu showing is not one of your problems just ignore my post

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. italian

italian MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2011
    yes, Ive had Daz's loader installed since August, with no problem window 7 Ultimate is activated. Then for no reason this menu has suddenly appeared. Do I need to reinstall the loader to change the option to "use default boot menu"

5. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    you don't change the option to that, you uncheck it from that, because that is what makes the menu show up.

yes uninstall it, the reinstall it with this option unchecked daz window 1.jpg daz window 2.jpg

try that and that should get rid of the menu

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. italian

italian MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2011
    the option wasn't checked in the first place.