Problem: GA-MA785G-UD3H No EPA Module Found

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Tzser, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Tzser

Tzser MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010
    #1 Tzser, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    First off, a big thanks to this community. I was totally clueless about bios mods prior to joining this community. (now I'm only half as clueless)

I own a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H motherboard. I've successfully made my own bios modifications in the past....until recently with the introduction of revision F5G.

Previous setup used:

SLIC: Gigabyte 2.1
    SLP: Gigabyte
    Cert: Gigabyte
    Tool: AWARD Tool 1.47
    Mod method: SSv3

When I attempt to mod the new bios with the methods listed above I get an error message stating that no EPA module was found. I am assuming Gigabyte removed this EPA module in their latest release to thwart mods like this?

Anyway, I am a bit confused as to which method to use to successfully mod these new bios. I don't have a choice to revert to my previous bios because I just upgraded my cpu that requires these bios to function.

According to the scattered information I've found...I noticed several different recommendations that conflict with each other. Based on this info, I've narrowed it down to 3 options:

- use FACS method
    - use 0+2
    - continue to use SSv3 but with option ACPITBL at End

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable with this stuff could tell me the best method to use in this situation? Any help or info is appreciated.

Edit: Just to add: I've searched for these bios on the forums and found nothing.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Lack of EPA module is probably to gain size for more useful modules...or for added micro code..I dont think the deleting the EPA is an effort to thwart modding. They have added other code in the past (theoretically) to make this more difficult, but not impossible...

Use the SSv3 with ACPITBL at end..this is the best chance for success with GB boards..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tzser

Tzser MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010
    Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

As per your advice I went with the SSv3 w/ ACPITBL at end option. The only weird thing I noticed is when flashing was completed I received a pop-up message stating: CHECKSUM=FA00

I never received this type of message in the past with all of my other custom bios. That said, everything appears to be working properly. System is activated and stable, no BSOD's etc. Is it safe to assume this is a success or should I be concerned about the checksum message? My newbie guess is that the checksum message is normal because of the appended ACPI table at the end of the file? :confused:

@Flare4000 - thanks for uploading the file. Just to make sure I didn't mess things up to cause the checksum message; I did a hex compare of your file against mine and they were identical.

4. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    NP glad you worked it out.