Problem in windows 8 after start8 HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by buggatti, Nov 17, 2012.

1. buggatti

buggatti MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2012
    Hey
    i intsalled the new start8 and decor8 didnt lke it. so i uninstalled it. Now when i start my pc it takes a very long time at the welcome screen and after the welcome screen i see a blank metro color screen. after few minitues i see the startscreen. I think start8 is the culprit bexause before startscreen apearing i see a frame of the desktop and when i log in safe mode it skip metro.
    i tried sfc scannow it say cant repair file and i dont have a system restore

can any one help

Thanks

2. noncentz705

noncentz705 MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2012
    beside's repairing windows, and running a registry cleaner. try reinstalling start8/decor8 with a software that will monitor the installation and any changes it makes to your computer then uninstall program and revert said changes.

3. WPNettwerk

WPNettwerk MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Wrong, you dont need software what monitoring installation of software. I hightly recomend to do restore if it is possible. Or reinstall app and unselect all enabled options and than uninstall it.

4. noncentz705

noncentz705 MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2012
    you missed the part of the post where he said he doesn't have a system restore point o_O and besides sometimes when uninstalling programs, you're left with traces in the registry, or files on your hdd that your cleaners won't find. that's why i suggest monitoring before and after installation to spot all the files and changes, and remove them... very useful with trial software btw

5. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    You can do a system refresh. This feature has been introduced to fix those kind of problems very quickly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  7. buggatti

buggatti MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the Reply I really appriiate it

I cant do a refresh because i am doing sql assignments and refresh will delete all the desktop softwares.

I tried reinstalling and uninstalling start8 and decor 8 and editing the options but nothing is working
    i have cleanned all registry and even i tried skiping metro using other software but that is still happening.

i am going ti try the new skipping method of explorer-pplic method and i hope that fixes it

Again thanks for all the replys

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Doing sql assignment and not backing up system before messing up system files...nicely done! :doh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. buggatti

buggatti MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2012
    I was thinking whats the worse that can happen . its just a startmenu............

Anyway the explorer pplic didnt fix it

10. ace2

ace2 Guest

#10 ace2, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    Look in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services for Stardock Start8 if there disable.
    Look in C:\Program Files for Stardock & delete
    Look in C:\Program Files (x86) Stardock & delete (On 64bit System)
    Look in C:\ProgramData for Stardock & delete
    Search Registry for Stardock & Start8 & delete
    Install CCleaner & Cleanup
    Defrag Hard Drive

11. ALEMBONG

ALEMBONG MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2012
    #11 ALEMBONG, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    Right click on My Computer, Manage, Service and Applications, Services, right click stardock Start8, properties, Start Type (set it to disabled).

12. badboy77

badboy77 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    Edit:
    try first what ALEMBONG said, will probably fix it.

----

if not try to install StartIsBack -> startisback.com/#download-tab

its a "native" way of doing StartMenu and he uses a hook to skip the Metro stuff directly to Desktop, maybe with this it can pass what is causing that delay you have

if it works will not fix it but get you at least a stable windows to properly fix it

try it

13. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #13 pii, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    How can resetting your PC to a clean state be considered a quick fix? :eek:He will have to reinstall everything after the reset and, unless he has a recent backup, that seems like a pain in the ass for a quick fix. The first thing I do after a OS install is turn on system restore and install Acronis just so I can do a real quick fix. ;) Live and learn!

Edit: Ok maybe I'm wrong does a refreash remove your programs also or is that the other option (reset?) that does that? Is refreash like a system restore or does it refresh it to new but leaves your personal files alone?

14. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #14 Shenj, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  15. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #15 pii, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Look interesting I'll assume this is some sort of system restore type backup with multiply snapshots?

I have a feeling Acronis gives me more flexiblity though but I'll see and will deffently be checking out that app

It looks like there is no way to use it if you can't boot windows so Acronis is still my best friend for saving my ass.