Problem installing cracks.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bennyboy, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    #1 bennyboy, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. themusicroob

themusicroob MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2008
    #2 themusicroob, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    Same problem

Hi, I have the same problem. I recently installed a copy of vista with sp1 and oem crack integrated (or some crack anyway). When I finish my computer reboots automatically and I get a similar message to you. Mine does not have

(hd0,0)
    Filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x7
    Chainloader /bootmgr

and instead of

Error 14: Invalid or unsupported executable format

I have

Error 17: file not found

again.

As far as I can tell, it's a driver update that's included with sp1, which interferes with the crack, but I'm not sure. My problem is that I can't control what updates are installed as it's all integrated. When I tried installing vista, sp1 and the crack together it screwed up my boot sector somehow and my computer wouldn't even attempt to start vista; it didn't seem to know that the drive was bootable. I think (assuming I'm right about the cause) that the best course of action for you is either to not install sp1, or to install it and then roll back any drivers that might be causing problems before installing the crack. I've heard people say that this is a problem with their hard drive too, and apparently getting a new hard drive solves it. I'm low on disk space anyway so I might try this, but it seems like a waste if it still doesn't work. Hope you find the answer, and please tell me if you do. :D

3. themusicroob

themusicroob MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2008
    Fixed, at some cost

Turns out the problem was in the MBR of my disc. I wiped the MBR and this fixed the problem completely, now the integrated disc (sp1 and crack) worked perfectly. I did not realise that wiping the MBR deletes all partitions on the hard drive. I have 3 hard drives, but 2 dynamic partitions. One is all on the 1st drive, and the other is spanned across all 3 drives. Long story short, I've lost 250GB of music, tv shows, films, software and coursework. Time to fire up the utorrent. Hope you can fix your problem without losing data. I've learnt my lesson about dynamic partitions.

4. mds

mds MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    you havnt lost all that yet, try a few hd recovery tools im sure you will get a lot of that stuff back, i did it with a 500g hd and recovered virtually everything.