problem installing windows xp sp3 HELP !!

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by medo_99_7, Jun 19, 2014.

1. medo_99_7

medo_99_7 MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2010
    guys kindly I need your help

i tried to install windows xp sp3 on my desktop but i got error when trying to format says the drive is corrupt and can't be fixed

i thought it was a sata driver problem so i tried to slipstream sata drivers didn't know which one should i slipstream so i searched the forums and followed some but still didn't work

so i downloaded one of the isos that already has sata drivers integrated it worked and formatted and finished installation but when it reached the login screen i get error says :

a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer

i need to a windows xp sp3 oem untouched iso and how to slipstream the sata drivers right and activate it with the oem files i have for my own bios that i already have

thanks in advance

2. medo_99_7

medo_99_7 MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2010

I followed the steps but still didn't work

I get the drive is corrupt and can't be fixed

my mob ACER Aspire SA80/AP 280

my hdd is western Digital 320 GB

3. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    are you sure that the hard drive is 100% ok, as it may have some bad sectors....

go onto western digital site and download and run the diagnostics program and check your drive

4. Aemsa

Aemsa MDL Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Memtest the ram from some loops :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. medo_99_7

medo_99_7 MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2010
    the problem doesn't seem to be with my harddrive because the integrated one that I downloaded didn't give that error and finished the installation but as soon as it's going to login for the first time I get error :

a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer

and I checked my hard using different apps and didn't find any problem

the iso that passed the hard drive problem was maherz iso

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    You say it maybe SATA problem.

I looked at that board at it is old style which includes IDE.

Have you tried to install XP onto an old IDE drive using an old IDE cd drive. Making sure to set the drives as MASTER and SLAVE in on the same slot.

You should be able to install XP SP3 without any KEY. If I remember rightly you get a 30 day trial.
    Mind you finding a key to install XP SP3 cant be that hard.

Then if all goes well make your own OEM disc.

This would tell you if all is well.

It's what my next move would be.

7. medo_99_7

medo_99_7 MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2010
    I want to add that I install with usb flash disk 8GB and I tried install with sata dvd but it freezes the pc takes 15 mins to reach the boot menu

tried another sata dvd but still freezing

I don't have the old IDE Drive cuz it became like dinosaurs :D

but still the sata driver isn't a problem if I use the one that maherz released but it gives the other error when login

here's what I did

1- used DPs_BASE.exe to integrate the mass storage pack that I downloaded through the DPs_BASE.exe

2- I followed the tutorial that u posted to me to convert the vlk to oem

then tried integrating the sata driver with nlite but still the same

I use WinToFlash to make the usb flash drive bootable to install windows after I fiish all previously mentioned steps

8. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I would forget the DP mass storage pack. There are far too many drivers added.

Either download the drivers direct from Acer or find out which exact driver you need from the DP pack and add that.

You could also try selecting to search for additional drivers at the point of installing, F6 if my memory serves me right. Have the drivers on a usb stick and see if you can apply them like that.

It would be a waste of time adding the DP with their tool and also nLite.

I would just use nLite and as said making sure the SATA drivers are added in "text mode" If it does not ask you to choose summet is not right with the drivers.

As for the licence problem, for me it must be an OEM problem.

Are you sure the BIOS is holding SLP1.0 for Acer. Is it possible the BIOS has been updated and modified to hold a different SLP1.0, say for Dell ????

My next move would be to research and find the correct SATA drivers for that board.

You said you had XP VL

I would use the XP Pro SP3 x86 NONE VL Just the retail version.

Just burn the image without modding it and try to install it. Having the SATA drivers at hand and pressing F6 at install to install them.

This should allow you to install XP without any key.

Then running SLIC TOOL to determine if the BIOS in fact does hold SLP1.0 and which one.

If this all works fine then move onto making you own OEM out of the retail image.

I dont know off hand if there are a couple of Acer OEM file collections to choose from. The correct one will have to be used to match the BIOS.

Making a x64 OEM disc is different to making a x86 (x32) image. Are you aware of this ?

I will try to find SATA drivers for your board too.

9. mattlecool

mattlecool MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    #10 mattlecool, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ tnx no not totally wrong info, :rolleyes: just that Slictoolkit is not as accurate for SLP1.0 and also oembios tool is updated by FreeStyler
    Slictoolkit still does work but wont give CRC32 for oembios.cat files.

12. medo_99_7

medo_99_7 MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2010
    it worked when I trued easy2boot and placed the iso after adding the correct oem files and also added the multi boot files to the iso and it worked also

thanks u all guys :biggrin: