[PROBLEM] Live tiles in Win 8.1 show wrong time

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Super User, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    I like Win 8.1 so far. It's smooth, fast, easy to use. Although I am experiencing one very annoying bug - live tiles, for example sports app, show wrong time (probably Redmonds time zone). Maybe someone know how to solve this problem?o_O

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    how about your desktop time in right bottom corner? Is this your correct time? If so, uninstall the app that displays wrong time and reinstall

3. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Yup, desktop time is my correct time. I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall app, but it still shows wrong time. Strange thing is that inside app time is correct, only live tile displays wrong time. Btw I have same issue on other pc too, so maybe it's a bug, not actual problem with my systems?

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Where on the sports live tile is the time displayed....I just checked mine sports tile and I don't see or can't find any time stamp.

5. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    After you select your favorite teams live tile displays upcoming matches and time they are starting.

6. orca99

orca99 MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Apparently, a lot of users are having issues with various Apps since the 8.1 upgrade. Live tiles not working or apps not updating. The only solution provided by many users is to uninstall and reinstall the app but that may not always work. It seems like certain Apps are having issues with data sync for some reason. Of course, MS will never come out and admit it but the problem is very much prevalent on their support page.

7. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Maybe you can give me link to one of those pages?