Problem with activation message from Office 2010 Professional Plus on Windows 8.1.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by theguestfromthewest, Dec 7, 2013.

1. theguestfromthewest

theguestfromthewest MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    Hi,

I got a problem with an activation message from an "open source kind of" Office 2010 Professional Plus which is running on a genuine Windows 8.1.

I had a look at the thread here...

forums. mydigitallife . info/ threads/ 34548-Office-2010-which-version-activation

...and followed the link but am somewhat in doubt about how to proceed and I don't want to mess around with the rest of the files on this machine since it is vital to me that it also will run smoothly in the future. In other words I can't afford to let it go haywire.

I installed the version of the before mentioned Office on the machine after having updated all the Windows 8 files previously first and unfortunately came to download and install security and other Office 2010 updates later on after which the activation messages started appearing. Now I am kind of stuck with three days left for the usage.

Can anyone help me out here and point me into the right direction. Willing to learn fast and do a lot of the effort myself if only I get the right bits and angles...

Thanks to all for helping out. :worthy:

2. jellybelly

jellybelly MDL Member

Oct 30, 2009
    run the microsoft toolkit for any activation issues.. install autokms. not too difficult.

3. theguestfromthewest

theguestfromthewest MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    #3 theguestfromthewest, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    (OP)
    Hi jellybelly,

and thank you for the swift reply.

I am assuming, that there are readme instructions amongst the download files (this is correctly understood, I hope). So this is less of a concern so far (unless I bump into something I can't figure out for some reason)

However I was more interested in hearing what consequences this install might result in, other than activating the Office package again.

What about possible security issues? And will there be any conflict having a genuine Win 8.1. and the "open source" Office activated with the download package from this site? And what about the "beta" name? Is there any risk for the beta not to function properly and create unwanted problems?

Also there is a new "BIOS" type in Windows 8 called UEFI. I saw that some apps as this one on the site here were taking advantage of a weakness in the "old regular BIOS" (not UEFI) ie. when installing and registering Win 7. Is the fact that the UEFI instead is now in place already implemented into the toolkit?

Thanks again for answering.