Problem with Adding Language Pack (MUI) To Any Edition of Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by akritasge, May 30, 2011.

1. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    On a Windows 7 Professional system I have installed a second language using Vistalizator, but I have a problem.
    I can’t change between the installed languages because “Change display language” link is missing under “Region and Language” section and from this point on I don’t want to use Vistalizator any more for changing between installed languages.

Any idea about what can I do?

Thanks

2. DAz999

DAz999 MDL Member

May 19, 2007
    Vistalizator has seemed to have stopped being developed anymore, but the website is still up. So it has not been updated for Windows 7 service pack 1. To get it to run, right click, select properties, then compatibility, then push for all users, then select Windows 7, then ok all to come out then it will run. I install Vistalizator language change option, express mode. Now the next problem is Vistalizator, does a hash check on the Windows 7 language packs, so will fail to install with windows 7 sp1 language packs, but if you use the original pre sp1 language LP packs, available from Vistalizator website, then it will successfully install the new language.

It would be great if somebody could take over the developement of Vistalizator, so we can use it with SP1 properly, anyone ?