Problem with booting Windows7 image with mcrip updates integred in UEFI mode.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by izajasz, Jan 29, 2013.

1. izajasz

izajasz MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2013
    Hello guys,
    I have a problem with makeing an iso of windows 7 with all mcrip udpates which can boot in uefi mode. I made a thread on wincert with some more details some time ago. You can check it out here :wincert.net/forum/topic/10787-problem-with-uefi-boot-from-iso-made-by-win-toolkit/

The question is , does anyone know how to make an iso which will boot uefi mode and feature as much as possible mcrip updates. I ve disovered that 1 of the problem is most certainly 1 or more of the updates that mess with the UEFI booting. More details at wincert thred. unfortunately nobody can help there...

2. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    It may be the powershell update. It needs net4 installed to run. It messed up my silent installs when i integrated it.

3. wilmafingerdo

wilmafingerdo MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    I had some hellish problems with UEFI and our custom images. To be honest, I never got it to work correctly.... I ended up building an image on a computer with a small(er) hard drive, adding everything, and clonezillaing the drive, then restoring to the other computers and re-activating windows. Clonezilla I was able to get to boot UEFI.

Let us know if you figure out how to get it to work....

4. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    #4 Flipp3r, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Last time I built an ISO I used this command:
    Code:
    Oscdimg -m -l"HRM_CCSA_X86FRE_EN-US_DV5" -bootdata:2#p0,e,bD:\Win832BIT\boot\Etfsboot.com#pEF,e,bD:\Win832BIT\efi\microsoft\boot\Efisys.bin -u1 -udfver102 D:\Win832BIT D:\Win832BIT.iso

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    100% correct. But, is there any hotfix that would mess with actual booting? Hotfixes would not interfere with the booting process at all until halfway through installation when it starts installing them. During that phase, the powershell hotfix stopped the installation dead in its tracks, thus not allowing it to boot. The fact he mentioned hotfixes at all leads me to believe this was his problem, so i stand by my first comment. If he can't get a DVD to boot EFI at all, the problem is with his DVD authoring or the contents of the EFI folder, in wich case Flippers advice would probably solve it.

So, to the OP, try removing Windows6.1-KB2506143-x64.msu and Windows6.1-KB2506143-x86.msu if you can't solve your problem, as that fixed my problems that seem are the same as yours. If that solves your problem, give the finger to vymrdal for me :)

6. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Thats interesting vymrdal about KB2223832. Ive never seen an update that requires you to manually unzip the update and replace files. The update is essentially just bootx64.efi (inside the bin). But unfortunately, i think it won't help in this case. It looks like the OP is AWOL anyways and we are just speculating amongst ourselves.