Problem with executable icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Saduff, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
  2. dogfox

dogfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    i would try ccleaner and use the registry tool and scan for issues ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    This is one of the flaws in Windows 7 that makes it most difficult to actually work with it as it not only affects the icon but often the file properties (like filesize and/or creation date shown in tooltip) as well.

I already have a whole list of things like that and im still collecting...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dogfox

dogfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    yeah ive just tested it out ... mine does the very same ...so maybe ccleaner wont fix this..sorry about that

5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    No, a regcleaner wont help here, its a flaw (one of many such) in the underlying system.

I have lost count how many times i redid work because Win7 gave me false informations.

Each time i thought I did something wrong when in actuality everything was OK and the OS was just too stupid to reflect the changes.

As sad as it is, but for WORK there is nothing better than XP and Vista because those OSs dont have these stupid bugs.

In case youre interested, here is what i have collected thus far.

Each of the things mentioned happened at least a couple of times already and they are mostly recreatable at will:

Im already curious how many other such things i am going to find...

6. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks Phazor. Interesting list. :)
    I suppose there isn't a known solution to this.
    Perhaps it will be fixed with SP1.