Problem With Gigabyte GA-945P- DS3 or S3

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by zzdiesel, Jan 7, 2011.

1. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    #1 zzdiesel, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
    This board crashed on me today and automatically recovered the BIOS from some kind of a backup on the hard drive. I modded this BIOS from a fix from here a couple of years ago. I have now lost the activation on Win 7 Ultimate. I can't find any of my old requests that I made on here through the searches. Every BIOS file I try to install is a mismatch. I downloaded BIOS files from Gigabyte for both the GA-945P-DS3 and the GA-945P-S3 and those won't install either. It seems like I had a problem like this when it was new, but i can't remember what worked back then. Can anyone help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nfo

nfo MDL Junior Member

May 3, 2009
    i have the same problem whit this model of gigabyte motherboard. After update the pc dont power on.

I repair the problem having a clear cmos whit jumper that is next to the battery.

3. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    My board doesn't want to turn back on for a good while if cut the power from the power supply or turn off the power supply. It is very frustrationg.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    First you need to Lokk on your MB and see EXACTLY what Model and revision it is.
    Then download the correct BIOS Update and flash from DOS with FlashSPI.

5. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Ok, I did this. It shows on the motherboard that it is a GA-945P-S3. Gigabyte shows one revision of this board and the BIOS versions they have will not load at all on this board. I'm getting by for now. I'm using a new activator. Maybe it will last a while.

6. ippytattoo

ippytattoo MDL Senior Member

Jul 17, 2008
    you could use the @BIOS utility provided by Gigabyte to identify the board and bios that you have. That will give you a good starting point for a future mod.

7. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestion. Gigabyte seems to have cut a lot of support on this board. The links this utility provided are all dead, but it did point me in the right way. I was able to find out the correct board and ver number and I found the right BIOS on Techspot