Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cuteee, Oct 19, 2013.
I don't see correctly the results (when I search through address bar and not through google.com).
Same problem here.
Go to google.com
Enter a search word or words.
Formatting of results is all messed up.
Started happening a few hours ago, was fine before that.
Under Compatibility View Settings, turn off "Use Microsoft Compatibility Lists"
Thanks, that fixed it.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Compat view did nothing for me last night, I though Google was messing about with its layout as they changed it a week or so ago but it fine in IE9.
My search results are all squished to left side of screen.
Edit : Same today and getting issues on a few other sites no doubt not fixed yet to work with IE11's Enhanced Protection Mode.
All randomly act up.
This is not on in IE 9 or 10 but on in 11 All pages work and plug ins
I seem to have fixed Google by disabling Protection Mode then visiting the site and enabling it while on site when the warning msg bar appear at bottom to alert to lack of protection.
It works now and I see the new layout/tools and text is not all squished to the left.
I will keep an eye on it after a few reboots.
The Compatibility View Settings may NOT work in all situations. If switching off "Use Microsoft Compatibility Lists" works in your situation, you may still proceed as below for a better Googling and web experience. Please note that you don't have to UNCHECK any of the 2 switches (options) in the Compatibility View Settings for the following instructions. You may delete your Browsing History in IE Internet Options before proceeding (NOT NECESSARY, BUT RECOMMENDED).
1. Close all IE 11 windows and/or tabs;
2. Reopen IE, and go to Google web page
3. Click on"Settings" at the lower, right-hand corner of the page
4. Then click on "Search Settings"
5. Select "Never show Instant results" under "Google Instant predictions"
6. Save settings by clicking on "Save" at the bottom of the page.
7. Close IE and reopen to test if this process solves the problem of left alignment of search results. Let me know if you still have any issues.