Problem with installing Office 2010 trial after the 2010 beta expired, please help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by smodtactical, Nov 1, 2010.

1. smodtactical

smodtactical MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    #1 smodtactical, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    [THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED REFER TO BOTTOM POST BY OP].
    ========================================

My beta expired so I used CODY's office tool to uninstall the beta. I restarted and tried to install the trial but I get this error.

I read then that I was to delete the following reg entries

Problem is the bottom entry is not deleteable. If I try to delete it or a subfolder or the key I get

I am running Win 7 Pro x64.

I would greatly appreciate any help so I can clean this and install the office 2010 trial.

2. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    As far as I understand, CODY key will work on RTM version of office. So you might need to completely uninstall beta from add/remove program and then install RTM version and then you can use CODY key. Or try running CCleaner after completely removing beta program. It will remove junk reg keys.

3. smodtactical

smodtactical MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    #3 smodtactical, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    (OP)
    xrdguy thats the problem Im having the key is not getting deleted (Itried ccleaner and revouninstaller) so that I can install the trial. Sorry but will Cody's program not work on the trial?

EDIT: Im getting the retail version, do you think it will work if I use cody's method? Or I mean do you think it will at least install? thanks.

4. smodtactical

smodtactical MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    Problem solved!

I installed the digital river version fine and then use Cody's tools and it worked! Thanks so much everyone and thanks CODY!

5. mangio61

mangio61 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    I have the beta version who has just stop wprking because of the date. To temporarely have a work around I change the date before the 30/10/2010 then start the pgm once the pgm started i change the date to the current date.

It works for now BUT if I want to have a permanet fix what I could do? any patch/fix available.? Tx

6. smodtactical

smodtactical MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    Check the sticky thread about office repository and everything I have written in this thread, that is all you need.