Problem with Mobo

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by chillgates, Nov 8, 2020.

1. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    This is AMD 2400g cpu ( 3 years old ) with Gigabyte AB350M Gaming mobo ( 1 year old ). Recently I cleaned the CPU case with brush and put back RAMS in slots and tried to switch on but PC didn't start. I removed Rams and put in another order and after some combinations PC started. I thought that was RAM placing problem but not. PC not starting again after few days. Then I thought it was PSU problem and bought a new PSU. PC ran good for 3 days until I stop it last night. Today morning PC didn't start. When I press start button on CPU , there was no power response at all. Again I changed RAMs in slots but no response. Then I removed 24 pin power connector from CPU and put it back again and then PC started. When PC starts it takes lot of time to see Bios logo sometimes ( about 15 to 20 seconds ). Sometimes BIOS resetting itself without my interference. After booting to windows PC hanging randomly. I am hearing a jet engine like noise from CPU fan. I changed all power options for fan but no result.

I am feeling that mobo got some power output problem in transformer that it randomly won't start. Sometimes apps hanging and not responding in win10 , 2004 updated October 2020.

I got a spare Asus B350 mobo which is 3 years old and it also won't start randomly. I am thinking to replace this Gigatebyte with my spare Asus mobo or buy Asrock or MSI mobo instead. Sometimes i was getting annoyed and thinking of buying Intel CPU and new Mobo instead.

Unable to decide what to do.

2. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Sounds like a bad mobo to me.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Clear cmos by using the jumper/button and remove the battery for a few seconds, setup the bios settings (if needed) and try again:)

And check if you didn't damage the cpu socked when you used the brush on it.

4. chillgates

Dec 15, 2010
    I didn't touch processor or heat sink while cleaning. But cleaned cpu fan with brush. Removed RAMs and put back again after cleaning. I should try the clear cmos thing. Will revert back when i do it.

5. chillgates

Dec 15, 2010
    I did cmos reset by touching 2 pins on mobo with a screw driver and chose optimized defaults on next boot. System started normally but still fan is running high and apps are hanging sometimes. I restarted PC and saw temperatures in the bios. All are well around 35c to 38c except VRM temperature ( Voltage regulator module ) touching 48c and also chipset on the board is 48c as well. They are not high but i suspect that there is a voltage problem in the mobo and hence it behaving erratic sometimes like resetting bios, not starting at all , delay in start, apps hanging etc.

Time to replace mobo.

6. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Is the warranty expired ?

7. chillgates

Dec 15, 2010
    #8 chillgates, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    (OP)
    Gigabyte website shows 3 years warranty. Must ask the customer care now. Used only 10 months.

8. chillgates

Dec 15, 2010
    Took CPU to repair guy and replaced "Gigabyte AB350M" Mobo with spare "Asus B350 Plus" Mobo and then everything is fine including CPU fan running smoothly , booting fast and all good. Thinking to change to Intel CPU in near future.

9. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Ok,then change [Solved] in title :p