problem with motherboard and cpu

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anima, Feb 17, 2011.

1. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    hallo everyone,

i recently put windows 7 ultimate on my pc using a loader.Everything worked fine except that one of the cores of my cpu runs at 80% or higher without reason.I found out that the mobo`s driver has something to do with the problem.Each time i install(not always) the driver the core comes back to normal.

my mobo is Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 ....i might not using the correct driver i dont know...if anyone has an idea????

i would also like to ask if there is a better(safer) way than a loader to activate windows?

(i am new here and i dont know much)

thanksss

2. luckman212

luckman212 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2008
    well what process is eating that cpu? is it the kernel or a specific .exe?

3. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    no its not a specific .exe ...i dont know what it is.....but when i install lan driver most of the times gets back to normal.

4. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    no there is no red line.....the other 3 cores of the cpu work fine only the one is more than 80 % load

5. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Is your Bios uptodate?
    F5, F6 F7 or F8I?
    If you don't want to use a loader, flash with modified bios and activate with oemcert and key.

6. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    i dont know if its up to date .How to check that??
    how to flash with modified bios and how to activate (i have no idea how to do it....is there any <<how to>> or tutorial??)

Is it a better and safer way to flash with modified bios ????

7. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    you sound like you're not too experienced with computers... so I suggest just sticking to the official BIOS from gigabyte... go to their website and search with the model # that matches your motherboard... then READ the instructions carefully and download the latest one that it shows
    the BIOS update tool will check to make sure it is compatible (usually), and it will also display what your current version is (usually)... but you can also pay attention to your bootup screen for BIOS version info... if it's going by too fast, you can press pause on your keyboard to pause the booting process
    modded BIOS's are risky to the inexperienced and you really need to know recovery procedures in case things go wrong... if this is your only computer, it is more the reason not to mess with them

also, in task manager, if you want to see kernel times, you have to enable it... it is not on by default... click "view" and select "display kernel times"

8. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    yes i am not experienced at all with bios.I went to the website but there are lot of updates F4,F5,F6 etc....how do i know which one to put?and how to put it?
    could my problem with the lan driver be caused to not updated bios???

and in case of something going wrong what recovery procedures should i know????

9. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
  10. rcnsit

rcnsit MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2011
    Also check Windows update for updates for your BIOS in the hardware section.

11. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :confused: Windows updates provides Bios updates too ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    yes i did install the latest drivers..i install the chipset driver(include sata raid driver) and the realtek lan driver..do i have to install anything else?

....the F8I includes all previous updates or i have to put them all?

13. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Only F8I is OK!

14. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    any suggestions on how to install the bios updates cause i have no idea.I read the manual of the mobo and it say about q-flash and @bios.which to use??

15. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Never use @Bios , just put the bios rom on a flash drive and leave it plugged in and reboot PC and usually you press END on keyboard for QFlash, if not then just go into BIOS using DEL and look for the QFlash option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    thank you all for your replies.I will try to gain some knowledge firts and come back to this thread for any questions.

another question i have is:Is loader better than modded bios for windows 7...and if so why?

17. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Loader does not alter any windows files. All the loader does (Daz loader) is to inject slic into BIOS and installs OEM SLP and cetificate before booting into windows. When windows started up, WAT (Windows Activation Technology) scan for slic 2.1 and corresponding OEM SLP & Certificate.
    When Windows 7 scan it found SLIC 2.1, OEM SLP and certificate and marks your windows genuine. Using loader to activate your windows is very safe and less risk because BIOS modding entails certain minimal risk similar to BIOS updating. For BIOS modding, instead of a BIOS file provided by your MB manufacturer, some experts here modified the file and you use it to modify your BIOS through BIOS updating.

18. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    ok i did some study and i think i understood some things.I will try tomorow update my bios but i still dont know which update to put.
    Friend woebetide suggested to put F8I but in the description of what it does, it does not have any update for the cpu which intrests me.I dont know if previous updates like F4 are included to F8I.
    i noticed F4 and F5 have to do with cpu issues and since my problem is a cpu problem what should i do?

The one core that overloads could it be caused due to not updated bios?if not any other suggestion?