Problem with .NET Framework 3.5 in VISTA

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by akritasge, Feb 4, 2009.

1. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    When I am going to manipulate .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows VISTA, the system responses with the following message.
    “Error 1606. Could not access network location”
    Is there any ideas what can I do?

Thanks in advance

George

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Bit more details

Could you elaborate a bit on what you are doing, i.e., what you mean by "manipulate?"

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    Uninstall, Update with SP1, or Update .Net Framework via Windows Update.
    Also a reinstallation is impossible.

George

5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #6 HMonk, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Happy to help

Glad everything worked out. Thanks for posting back.

Monk

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @HMonk, Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, has been a god send used it over the years MS.should include it as part of OS MSI installers are notorious for getting corrupt, even worst you install an msi and it leaves copy of installer on your system most times, more waisted space:(

8. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Amen

Urie,

I could not agree more. I first found this prog years ago when I suffered this same type of issue. Including it as part of the OS would be sterling, if only because, as long as it has been around and, as well as it works, it seems to be relatively unknown. Just for kicks, I Googled - cannot reinstall program: I was returned 20.7 million hits - of which only 2900 mentioned msicuu2.exe. That's 0.014%

At least MyDigital readers will learn about it.

Monk