Problem with SAMSUNG CLX-3175 Printer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Posting on behalf of a friend....

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit for him....installed all updates....then the printer drivers...

everything works fine....until suddenly....he will find another Samsung Printer CLX-3175 (COPY) in the devices....hidden one....then the printer will not respond or print as if it wasn't there....Windows says no connectivity although it is connected.....tried uninstalling the printer and resintalling it but that hidden copy always appears.....where the heck is it coming from? is it not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit? its a new color laser printer :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mv88

mv88 MDL Novice

May 20, 2011
    Hi, I have the same problem with this printer. Microsoft says, that it is compatible with WIN 7, but sommething is wrong. Thank you for help.

3. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #3 zahnoo, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    Uninstall the printer and allow all drivers to be uninstalled in the process. Reboot as required and let Windows install drivers. If Windows installs no drivers automatically, run Windows Update to see if drivers are available there. If you haven't already, you'll need to set WU to get updates and drivers for other devices.

It's a long shot, but you might try installing the non Windows supplied drivers in XP compatibility mode.

You may have to call Samsung if your printer just doesn't work. If the printer is a USB one, you need to search this site for the Windows 7 USB bug and its fix. Which I can't find now. :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    If you listen to MS you wont get that printer to work.
    I did notice a strange behavior on my win 7 64bits interaction with my all in one. Win 7 will create a printer copy, that is the one you need to use and set as default. In your case you will just have to leave alone CLX-3175, dont delete it .And just use CLX-3175 (COPY); this doesnt bother me so I never looked at why it does what it does. Main thing my all in one work as prescribed.
    Good luck

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You are replying to a banned member.

6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #6 zahnoo, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    Yeah and that's something I don't understand. Apparently the "banned" are not truly banned since they can still post and can make replies. That being the case I'd sort of say they're more ostracized, "to be shunned" or simply made persona non grata.

Please explain the banning and how I'm expected to act or react. Or maybe is a search of the rules sufficient to clear my muddled mind. The truth is I haven't been able to find anything and I need to know the specifics. Not to mention he's done nothing to offend me personally and I generally form my opinions on my own and act accordingly. Withing the rules of course, of which I obviously need enlightenment.

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    +1 for ZAH
    A banned member should not be able to log on as far as I know, the way it appears is misleading. It can be an avatar, a custom funny message, whatever....so yes, clarity is required.

8. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #8 Thomas, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
    Banned Member on MDL Forum will have the title " Banned " under there username.
    There username will be in bold style & in brown color with a strikethrough it. They CANNOT post replies to there threads or any other posts on the forum under this Banned account. When they try and login they will get a message saying: Saying why they have been banned (If a reason was given) & the date & time the Ban will be lifted (In the case of a temporary ban) If it's a permanent ban it will say: The date the ban will be lifted: Never (and the reason given why)

This message will not allow them to continue to access and use the forum under this Banned account.

9. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    :dunno:Thomas, how come the dude started a thread while he is banned

10. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #10 Thomas, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
    He didn't,
    He started it before the time he was Banned & some members of the forum have now have bumped the thread back to active by replying to it.

Hence, why urie replied "You are replying to a banned member"

MDL Staff member should lock this thread. So it can't be revived by members.