problem with security policy

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by adel87, Mar 9, 2014.

1. adel87

adel87 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2014
    Hi I'm learning windows server 2008 R2 with official book of Microsoft

I'm using vmware ,in My controllor domain I have disable complex password,I created security policy that enable complex Password and I want to use Security Configuration And Analysis Tool to apply my security policy
    In the course "Before applying the database settings to a computer, you might want to analyze the computer’s current configuration to identify discrepancies."
    Unlike the display of policy settings in the Group Policy Management Editor, Group
    Policy Object Editor, Local Security Policy, or Security Templates snap-ins, the report shows
    for each policy the setting defined in the database (which was derived from the templates you imported) and the computer’s current setting. The two settings are compared, and the comparison result is displayed as a flag on the policy name.
    x in a red circle Indicates that the policy is defined both in the database and
    on the computer but that the configured values do not match"
    My problem is I don't see X in red circle
    Thank you

2. Dave101

Dave101 MDL Junior Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Please provide screen shots, but in general i have found several issues with changing the security policy's with passwords strength and SQL. so rule of thumb leave them alone. :)
    hope this helps.